In My Neighborhood in 34210>Question Details

Robert Lee, Home Buyer in New Freedom, PA

Is anyone familiar with Wildewood Springs in Bradenton? I see a lot of condos for sale there and I am curious as to why there are that many

Asked by Robert Lee, New Freedom, PA Thu Jan 6, 2011

? Bad area or just hit hard by the recession? My wife and I are looking for a vacation/investment property in the area.

Answers

6
We live in Wildwood Springs. Some of the largest square footage you will find in this area. Some very nice, with walled in private courtyards, carports, and gorgeous landscaping!
There are only about 5% for sale, which is low. It's a very large subdivision, but built in small cul de sacs.
Ron
rcflorida@aol.com
Since this will be a vacation home starting out, I most likely would not be leasing it because that would prevent me from using it. However, if the area and home works out well, I would probably look at buying another place to lease out and hopefully make back some of my monthly mortgage payments in rent.

Is $317.50 the actual HOA/maintenance fee for Wildwood springs? That may be too high but I am not ruling it out at this point. I'm interested in seeing more condos available in Bradenton that have lower maintenance fees for a comparison.
Hi Robert:

Wildwood Springs in a very nice area. Right now,there are over 1200 condos for sale in Manatee County so I'd say the reason you see so many in Wildwood Springs is just a "sign of the times". As a savy buyer I'm sure you recognize that now is a great time to buy.

I'm available to help you find a great vacation/investment property and will answer any of your questions.

Karen Nicolls, Realtor, CDPE
Keller Williams Realty of Manatee
Karen@KarenNicolls.com
941-713-4204
941-792-2000
Web Reference: http://KarenNicolls.com
It's a very nice area, and the reason for so many on the market is the maintenance fee is around $400 a month, but includes water, sewer, trash, cable TV, maintenance of park-like grounds. The second reason is the tough rental rule, that new buyers must own for 2 years before renting. It's close to everything and beautiful. Great buys in all prices.
Is there a rental rule about how long rentals must be?
Also, isn't there a rule about no trucks allowed. So if a renter drives
a truck they can't rent here, right?
Maybe too many rules it seems to me. Seems to me that these rules initially created to keep it nice are now driving away buyers, killing the prices and soon only the low income buyers will live here. Loosing situation... so as director of the board why don't you make some changes before Wildwood is ruined?
Flag Tue May 7, 2013
I live in WIldewood Springs and am a director on the Board. I worked for the developer there 30 years ago, and know it better than anyone. There are some great buys now, and I can send you details if you're interested. I am a real estate broker at Wagner Realty, and my office is at the entrance on Cortez Road. Email me at rcflorida@aol.com or call 888-691-1245. Ron Cornette