In My Neighborhood in 01568>Question Details

Petersonk17, Home Owner in Upton, MA

Is 01568 a kid friendly town?

Asked by Petersonk17, Upton, MA Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

8
Seriously? What does that even mean? How would anyone even know the this? No one ( especially not realtors) should even think about answering this question. Not an acceptable topic to speak about in Massachusetts...Potential 93a issue for realtor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 13, 2011
If unfamiliar with the area, take the time and visit more than once, possibly chat with locals/neighbors; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, therefore the question can't really be answered, either way....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
We always suggest clients go to a town and have dinner and then head there on a weekend and go to lunch, check out the parks and local amenities. It really helps you get a feel for a town if you are unsure.

Here is everything on the market in that area code:
http://territory.com/search?search_string=01568&min_pric…
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
I've lived here for 2.5 years and am raising my daughter here, it is a very family-orientated town. Boy / Girls scouts, lot's of parades for the kids, a playground, etc.
I think if you find a property that is agriculturally zoned, you will be able to breed goats. Otherwise, you'll have to keep them somewhere else.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 16, 2011
Look on the town websites to compare things like crime rate, school ranking ect. You can also look at the demographics of the town to decide what options are best for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
What is considered kid friendly?
Petersonk,
I think the delay in agents answering your question may be due to a fear of violating fair housing laws. We are prevented from commenting on issues which pertain to family, race, religion etc.
To get the answers you are looking for I would suggest you do some research into local schools, boys & girls clubs, youth organizations, parks etc.
Ultimately since this is something you must decide meets your criteria for "kid friendly" no agent’s opinion will beat that of getting your own shoe leather in the town and checking it out for yourself. Ask some locals how they feel it stacks up. See where kids hang out and how they like it there. Best of luck.