Yasmin, Home Buyer in Margate, FL

Is Village Green a good neighbourhood?I am looking to purchase a home there with my mother and sister.What are your views?

Asked by Yasmin, Margate, FL Sat Dec 17, 2011

Answers

4
Very quiet, for the most part. You can verify, online, that the crime rate is rather low... Depending on the area you plan to buy the home, neighborhoods appear to be "mixed" with single family, mixed and multi-family homes and apartments. I have lived in the area for about 5 years, was not initially impressed buy the appearance of the immediate area but it is easy to feel at ease here, depending on where you come from. Let's put it this way, if you lived in Los Angeles, you would hear helicopters and sirens daily and if you lived in New York, there is the constant noise of the never - ending- city... the area is almost eerily quiet. As far as walkability is concerned, sidewalks are going up and there seems to be an attempt to make it more hospitable to pedestrians but it is not clear whether the intent to keep it quiet or to offer more accessibility to Downtown Coral Springs. Honestly, it is not a bad area to live if you just want to go home and have some peace and quiet but it could be so much more. I stay because my landlord is great and the area is comfortable. I will eventually leave for a more walkable area and neighborly environment... It needs a "draw" or some interesting lighting like Culver City, California to encourage people to get out of doors and mingle. Just my humble opinion. Hope it helps.
Hello Yasmin

As Realtor's, we are not allowed to define a specific neighborhood as good or bad, it is a violation of Fair Housing Act. However, I can provide you with details on a specific city.

Village Green is located in Coral Springs, therefore, please visit the link provided below to view everything you need to know about Coral Springs. I lived in Coral Springs for over 10 years and had a great experience raising my children there.

I hope this helps and If you need further assistance, please contact me at:

Nayda E Reyes
954-401-4057
SoldbyNayda@gmail.com
Since opinions are oftentimes subjective, if unfamiliar with the area, consider visiting more than once; explore all that the area has to offer firsthand...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
For what amenities are you looking in the neighborhoods you are considering?
If schools, what ages are your children?
Do you want them to be in walking distance of the schools?
What price range is suitable for you if you are buying?
Have you been pre-approved for the size of mortgage and payment you are comfortable making?

I am happy to work with you relative to your obtaining financing and assembling a team to assist you in finding a home, obtaining financing, and tradesmen for any repairs if inspection warrants.

Marc Samet
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS#212717
Hamilton Group Funding