Deborah Lins, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Is Carolina Bay area safe for a single woman?

Asked by Deborah Lins, Charleston, SC Mon Jan 16, 2012

Hi Mrs. Lins,

Carolina Bay is very safe I have helped a young couple there and personally know 2 families who live there and love it. It is a great location and once they are done developing Carolina Bay they are going to have a Fire Department right in the development which, has made past clients feel safe. If you have any further question about Carolina Bay or any other area please let me know the best method that you can be reached. If you wish to contact me at any time, I can be reached directly through email at or phone 843-754-2089.

Kind regards,
Brian F. Walsh
Hi, You can go to for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. Click on the City Reports link.

Deborah - here is the link to the website.
Hi Deborah,

Many people enjoy living in Carolina Bay- from young couples, to single persons, to retirees. Here is a link to a website I like to check that shows any recent crimes in a particular area. Click the link below. I have entered Cornsilk Dr., one of the streets in Carolina Bay. As you can see when you click this link, there have been no crimes recently (according to in Carolina Bay. I hope this helps!

Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information about Carolina Bay or other neighborhoods in West Ashley. I recently helped another buyer purchase a home in Carolina Bay and they are very happy there. Over the years our company has helped many people buy and sell homes there, so we are very familiar with the neighborhood. I would be happy to help!

Kim Boulter, M.Ed.
Realtor, Healthy Realty
Charleston, SC
Dear Deborah,

Although I have a client that lives in this neighborhood, I can not answer a question regarding the crime rate or safety of a neighborhood. I would be happy to provide you with my clients' contact info after I clear it with them if you would like or I could direct you to the police agency in that area if you would like me to. Just let me know how I can help!

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Keller Williams Realty
Most agents won't touch this question. We cannot answer 'safe" questions.
You see people out joging walking and riding bikes all the time. It is a great place to live.
Hi Deborah,

As these agents have said, you can always call the local police department to get the latest on any area, subdivision, etc. You can also check out static online at:

Hope this helps.

Michael Falotico
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Hi Deborah,

From everything I have heard Carolina Bay is considered to be safe. If you have a concern you can contact the Charleston Police and ask them about crime in that area. They will tell you of any reported break-ins or any crime that has occured in that area. They are the best ones to turn to for this question. If you need further assistants I will be most happy to help you. You may email me at
Hey Deborah,
The best reference I could give you is the following link to research a community… or just contact the local police office and they should be able to give you some information about the crime rate, etc.
I am very familiar with that area and if you have any other questions or would like to tour a home please let me know or visit my website.

thanks, Josh Brinson 843-813-4554