In My Neighborhood in 20111>Question Details

wondering, Home Buyer in 20111

Is Blooms Crossing in Manassas Park a good area to live? What are the schools like in that area?

Asked by wondering, 20111 Fri Apr 22, 2011

Dear Wondering:

It all comes to what you think good or bad is ~ Real Estate is very local, so is the preference of a home buyer. I always suggest my buyer clients to do a little homework before they start choosing an area, definitely my expert advice is always there. The best way to do that is to surf the neighborhood details online, going on county / association website and also driving by to know if thats exactly what you are looking for.

BLOOMS CROSSING: Comes in Manassas Park, right in the middle of Prince William county, City of Manassas and Clifton. Very close to Prince William pkwy, Centerville (28), a little commute to Rte - 29, I-66 or I-95. Schools are getting better, but again that would be completely your preference.
Houses are great in sq. ft for the price - but there are other community which offer the same amount, and having a comparison would not hurt.

Having an experience agent would be your best bet. Since, buyer's agent get paid by seller on settlement - having a Realtor for yourself, would save you a lot of time and stress. Let me know if you need further assistance and I'll be glad to be of service!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 22, 2011
Blooms Crossing is a great area to live in, Its located in the City of Manassas Park and is situated near the Virginia Railway Express (VRE), Signal Hill Park, General's Ridge Golf Course, and historic landmarks such as the Camp Carondelet (Georgian Cemetery) and Bull Run Civil War sites.

There are 783 single family homes within Blooms Crossing.

Blooms Crossing offers both non-garaged and single car garaged units. There are 131 townhomes within Blooms Crossing.

Virginia Railway Express (VRE)
Route 28
Interstate 66
Prince William Parkway
Route 29

Public Schools
The children of Blooms Crossing attend Cougar and Manassas Park Elementary Schools, Manassas Park Middle School, and Manassas Park High School. Check the City of Manassas Park Public Schools for more information.
Emmanuel Christian School
Emmanuel Christian School is a private school located near Blooms Crossing. Visit their website,, or call
703-369-3950 for more information.
Manassas Christian School
Manassas Christian School is a private school located within the Community. Visit their website,, email them or call 703-393-6555 for more information.
Thank you all for your responses. I'm glad to say that we ended up buying a great home in Blooms crossing. We have been very happy there and have been very pleased with the schools. I think we made a great choice in a great neighborhood! :)
It is a great area to live in. It has a VRE - Manassas Park, more residential units are planned to be built here, Liberia Ave shopping, grocery and dining are all close by. There is a golf course here too. I've very familiar with the area as I have lived near here for 23 years! Call me if you have any questions that I may help you with. I'm a realtor in VA and will be able to help you find a home in this area. My web site is where you can find my contact information as well as my listings and a little bit more about any neighborhood you wish to search. Regards, Neema Nene
A good area to live is a relative term, depends on the person. If you are referencing to crime you might want to contact the local police department to determine if this location is right for you. As for schools and other information you can look at the links below:
Good morning Wondering,

Schools are a very important part of the home buying process. Refer to the links below to search those standards to if out if they fit your needs. Good luck!!
Hi Wondering,
You are smart to understand the neighborhood! How would you like to have a tool to get the community information and school information as well as the comps. Well you can, I invite you to go to and get your own personal account for free and find out at your convenience 24/7. I can also help you to interpret what you find so you have all the information you need to decide which area to move to and what home best suits you! I can help you from start to finish as I have guided many of my buyer clients. I have a team in place a lender, a Ttitle company, home inspection people even moving company if you would like a recommendation! Call me at 703-217-0749 so we can get started!
Thank you, Neema Nene
Hi Wondering,
It really depends on what you think is good. Blooms Crossing is certainly close to businesses, shopping and schools. It is also extremely close to Centreville Road which takes commuters to points North towards Dulles, and, within 7 miles of Route 66 which goes right into Washington DC. Comparing the tax structure in Manassas Park, City of Manassas and Prince William County is a great idea as they are all different. Frankly everything in the surrounding area is a good buy right now and far less expensive than Fairfax County. Check out this link to get a better idea of whats around and get some more specific statistics to help you.
The Lifestyle Search should answer most of your questions.
Blooms Crossing has a lot to offer. Most homes were built between 1993 to 1999 and there is a good mix of styles and sizes.

Currently there are townhouses with 1 car garages pricing in between $220k to $260k. There are also single family homes between $290k (for a 2400sqft, 4 bed / 3 full bath home) to $465k (for a 4500 sqft, 4 bed / 4 full bath home). Many would consider this to be good place to live and you get more space for your money.

Schools are definitely getting better, as the school score cards would show. I can provide you more information on this if you'd like. Just contact me directly for a link to this information.

I would be happy to show you more of the area (through video links....or in person). This area is my neck of the woods.
Web Reference:
Blooms Crossing is in the "newer" section of the City of Manassas Park -- about 30 mis w. of Washington DC in Prince William County VA--- typical bedroom community. Good value for the money!

Nice area in general.... schools are MUCH improved over the past few years...Im the PTA president at the HS in nearby Manassas VA and we are impressed with the overall quality of the schools in Manassas Park.

It really is a family-friendly place to live with all the benefits of being fairly close (although commutes can be challenging!) Blloms Crossing, however, is VERY close to the VRE (commuter rail) which provides an additional way to get to the city.

Of course, contacting a Realtor with close ties to the area IS going to help you in your search for the "right home"....I know JUST the guy!!

Honestly if your thinking buying in Manassas Park take note of property taxes. Prince William County which is located not far offers a better rate. Also check out the City of Manassas !
Web Reference: