In My Neighborhood in 33701>Question Details

Ilya Zobanov, Real Estate Pro in Saint Petersburg, FL

In Downtown St Petersburg, FL which high-rise tower offers the best price per sq.ft?

Asked by Ilya Zobanov, Saint Petersburg, FL Thu Jan 26, 2012

Answers

5
In Downtown St. Pete in general, the best price per square foot does not equal the best amenities. You get what you pay for in this area. Ovation, SIgnature, 400 Beach are beautiful high rises and these are buildings with lots of amenities - gym, pool, amazing views, etc. but not lowest price per square foot. However if you don't mind not having a pool and workout facilities, other buildings like Walker Whitney or the W Flats (lower rise buildings) offer great value and lower price per foot. I've attached a list of condos in Downtown St. Pete so that you can compare.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
Serving St. Petersburg & surrounding areas
727-755-3325 cell
http://www.SaintPetersburgLuxuryHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 27, 2012
Interesting question. The best price per sq ft could mean cheapest or best value. When you are considering the price per sq foot of a condo you should also take into consideration the monthly maintenance or condo fee. Location alone makes a big difference in downtown St Petersburg. If you are comparing the Beach Drive condos (including the Vinoy Place and Bayfront Tower) you still have to determine the condition of the specific high-rise. If you look at the Bayfront Tower you are talking about a building that is over 30 years old. The Florencia, Cloisters or Vinoy Place you are talking about older buildings (12-14 yrs) so you need to consider the age and condition of the HVAC systems, elevators, pool, gym, community room as well as the interior design features including the carpeting, tile etc to determine if the high rise is functionally obsolete. If you are paying for amenities they should be of the latest technology. If they are not then you should check to see what the plans of the Condo Association is to bring these things up to date. THEN you must look at the individual unit to see if this has had updates to the kitchens and bathrooms since it was first built. Only when you take these things into consideration can you determine what is a good investment or a "best price per sq ft."
Liane, great answer! I also wonder how the Sage and other not-so-huge but nice comlexes are doing. I wish we had more of those. There's a new one called Portland but it's only for lower income families. I heard there will be a few new towers with apartments coming up soon. Can't wait!
True, Shawn, the best is a matter of oppinion and I should've clarified. I guess I'd like to know about newer towers and condos with waterviews, similar amenities but lowest price per sq.ft.
Since the "best" price per square foot is not the same as the "lowest" price per square foot the question is somewhat subjective. Perhaps that was what you had in mind by asking it. In my opinion, the Ovation building offers the best price/value in the area.