Leonard Dona…, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

Im looking at moving to Jacksonville, im a retired military looking for something in new subdiv, i m first time buyer...what area should i look at..?

Asked by Leonard Donaldson, Jacksonville, FL Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

14
Hi Leonard

You may be entitled to first time buyers money. Call me I would love to find you a deal for you and help you get that free money.

I know Jacksonville well and I am not just a Realtor, I am also an investor here. Call me I would love to talk to you and help you find your first home.

Claire Meadows 904 386 4358
Leonard,
Welcome to Jacksonville. I too am retired military and I choose to stay here in Jax after I retired. There are plenty of new homes to choose from. We have two US Navy bases, NAS Jacksonville and NS Mayport and they are around 30 miles apart. NS Mayport is at the beach with a fleet of ships and NAS Jax is inland on the St Johns river home to many squadrons and air wings. I am also a state certified residential real estate appraiser, so I know our local market. Please call or email me 904-962-8089 dprice@agentlink.net
Don Price USN-RET
REMAX Specialist
Hi Leonard,

The Oceanway area has many newer developments to choose from,,,,close to the Airport, Mayport and Downtown. Being retired military you might also like that this area is close to golf courses, fresh and salt water fishing or a relaxing walk on the beach. Next time you're in Jax. let's get together and drive the area. Thanx for Serving and Have a Great Day.

John
Mr Donaldson, there are a number of new subdivisions which have sprung up in North Jacksonville during the past few years which you might want to consider. If proximity to the airport is a priority, you could be 5-10 minutes from the airport and also fairly close to the Mayport Naval Station. Finding a home for around $200,000 (or less) would not be hard to do, and there are restaurants and shopping within minutes. Close proximity to I-295/9A and I-95N would mean you could reach downtown quickly, and at the beach within 15-20 minutes. If you would prefer to live nearer NAS Jacksonville, the Fleming Island/Orange Park area (just south of Jacksonville) is the place to be for new (or newer) construction. The community has exploded in recent years with new retail centers and conveniences of every description. From there, you could reach downtown in 20-25 minutes, the airport in 30-40 minutes, and the beaches area in 30 minutes. Visit http://fredmillergroup.com and search for homes in your price range, or call if we can be of assistance.
Web Reference: http://fredmillergroup.com
Leonard,

As noted in many of the previous answers there are a number of wonderful neighborhoods in the greater Jacksonville area. Where you choose to settle depends on a number of things such as where you will work (if you decide to continue working after you retire from the military), whether you have children and need to find the best schools, and the price point you want to look in.

I chose to live in Clay County on Fleming Island because of the great school district, it's proximity to major highways for easy commuting around Jacksonville, and the affordability of homes here vs other areas of Jacksonville. Clay County has a number of retired military members because of it is only a couple of miles from NAS Jax. If good schools and proximity to NAS Jax are important to you I would suggest you consider Oakleaf Plantaiton as there are a number of new home builders currently offering lots of great floor plans at competitive prices there. There are also a few builders building some homes on Fleming Island, but the area is close to being built out.

If you would like to know more about these areas, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Scott Sullivan
Prudential Network Realty
3535 Highway 17, Suite 10
Fleming Island, FL 32003
C: 904-327-5676
Scott.Sullivan@PruNet.com

I have worked with several contractors in Iraq, Bahrain, and Afghanistan find their home on their return stateside using the internet to communicate. There are some great opportunities in resale as well as new construction that will be at or below your price target. There are several communites about 20 minutes from NAS JAX that might be of interest. Contact me to get started. I can be emailed at yourrealtor@att.net or toll free at 877-331-3359 you can also text me at 9045711358. You can also check out my website to perform a home search with the same info as the multiple listing service: http://jacksonvillehomes4you.com
Stay safe
Charlie
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Accredited Buyer Representative
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
Hi Mr. Donalds,
There is new contruction in Northern St. John's county in several different communities.
These communities offer a wide range of amenities for all age groups and a wide range of new home plans and prices. The builders are offering great pricing and buyer incentive specials currently that can make owning a brand new home affordable. The builders will also assist you in paying your closing costs, and with your new home purchase, you will receive a full builder's warranty on your home.

Property taxes are lower in St. John's county verses Duval county.

We specialize in new construction and this area of town. We also live in this area, so we are very familiar with the community's features and location to things that may interest you.

Please contact us to discuss further options that may be of assistance to you and to learn about our "Buyer Rebate Program" that can give you money back at closing.

We are both life long residents of Jacksonville, and know the area and market very well.

Put our experience and knowledge of these new subdivisions to work for you, our real estate services are free to you and the "Buyer incentive/rebate" we give you at closing can assist you with moving expenses or to furnish your new home.

You may email us at ninabay@comcast.net or call 904-553-8518 anytime.

Looking forward to talking with you soon,
Bill and Nina Bay
Good morning, I have not talked to a Realtor as of yet.. Just starting to look and do homework on home buying.. looking to spend 200k or less..I will be using my VA. i looking to maybe have something before the end of the year... Im working oversea as Contactor. im presently living Tallahassee Fla,

So im looking for areas that are close to Military post , downtown,and airport....
Good Day Leonard

Welcome to Jacksonville. The area is going to depend on your lifestyle preferences. We have a large selection of New home builders to select from. I am a specialist at working with 1st time buyers. There are programs you may qualify for that you can get up to 15,000 down payment assistance, or with new construction and the right approach One dollar V.A. move in can be obtained.
My background is in new homes. I have managed 3 different builders 2 of those were in the top 5 . In short I know what is going on behind the scenes and can give you that edge you need in getting the best new home purchase.
I look forward to working with you.

Best Regards

Doug Casteel
Broker/Owner
Castle Realty

904-463-4264
Good morning, Mr. Donaldson, email or call me at RE/MAX, and I'll send you an overview of all areas of Jacksonville with a relocation guide. If you'd like, we can meet briefly to discuss your goals and the choices you have in newer subdivisions. Either way, thank you for your service. -Steve, 904 651-3813
Web Reference: http://ilovthathouse.net/
Hi, Leonard, Jax is a wonderful place to live and offers many different types of lifestyles. Do you know how much you want to spend on a new home? Have you talked to a mortgage broker? We need to talk about the price you want to pay and the life style you are seeking. Please call me at 904-813-1263 or email me at calltherightguy@yahoo.com.
Mr. Donaldson,
Jacksonville is a great place to call home! If you've done your research, Jacksonville is a large city. I have a Team of Professionals that can help you find the right area of town that is right for you. My buyer's Specialist and I have helped over 55 families buy and sell last year!
We would love to interview for the Job of being your Realtor of Choice for your Jacksonville move. Please give me a Call at 904-735-8666 or my personal office 904-288-7990 x 426. With our Team, it's "A Straight Shot to a Successful Closing!" Jeannette
I would have to agree with the previous answer. I too am former military, and originally from Jacksonville. I would love to help you find your new home. Please feel free to contact me.
Boy, that depends on so much. Lifestyle, how you spend your time, what you enjoy to do, etc. You can check out oour website below and search by area or you can email me some of your wants and needs and we can chat to try and figure it out together.
Web Reference: http://roundtablerealty.com