In My Neighborhood in 75043>Question Details

Shianna Robi…, Renter in Garland, TX

Im a single parent with a teenage son that's going to high school moveing from Illinois would this be a great place to move..

Asked by Shianna Robinson, Garland, TX Sun Jan 8, 2012

Garland is a good place to live and is a choice of schools city within the GISD. There are both recognized and exemplary high schools in the district. As before mentioned there are other factors to consider where you will feel comfortable. I will be happy to explore all of the options with you. You can go to my web-site that allows you the oppertunity to compare different school districts and other stats. Let me know if I can be of service to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 8, 2012
There's a lot more to the answer.
Normally what we like to do is sit down with you and talk about lots of ideas.
Where are your friends and family?
Where is your work?
Where are your hobbies?
What do you like to do outside of work?
What type of commute is acceptable?
How much you have to spend?
Age and features of home?
and so many more.....then figure out the best options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 8, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Garland is a great place to live with great schools. This community is very family oriented and close to shopping malls. Feel free to contact me at to help you find the right home for your family.
Garland is a great school district! You'll have free choice of school for any school that isn't over crowded, but should you decide on a school that is over crowded, you will have to live in the neighborhood that that school serves. When my own children were young, we could choose any elementary they wanted as long as I was willing to get them there and back. As they grew older, the choices tightened and certain schools were more desirable and might have a waiting list. Once you have a particular school in mind, you'll have to check with the district to be sure. This link may help you also:…
I would love to help you

I find houses for individuals such as yourself.

What is it that you are looking for?
What area, sf, baths, bedrooms, price range, age of house, etc?
no lakeview centenial is not the only high school in the nation that offer dual credit degree and IF your willing to sacrifice your childs high school experience and the growth experience that comes from actually entering college as a freshman then of course that could be an option but speaking as a parent in the area with children that have been in GISD there are schools that are positive and schools you wouldnt want to place your child in. There are also areas of garland to avoid and I suggest you investigate the area totally. If there are a lot of homes for sale inthe area you probably can guess there is a reason for it.
Lakeview Centential High School in Garland is the ONLY High School in the nation that offers a dual credit degree for a High School Diploma and Associates Degree!

I work primarily in the South Garland area and people who want the dual program are working diligently to buy homes that are considered neighborhoodmes to Lakeview.

Many of the High Schools have Magnet programs so research waht programs each school offers. The culinary arts program at Garland is good, Theater Arts is a great program at South, Nursing and Health programs are great at North Garland and Media with TV and Radio is good at Lakeview along with many others.

If he participates in sports I would suggest you interview the coaches. We did when my son played football and we sent him to the school where the coach really pushed and knew how to get players to the next level. It ended up for us that he received 8 Division I offers for a full ride.

I have lived here for over 26 years and it is a small town "big city" in a low of ways.

Call if you need further information or to network with others who can share information

Be Blessed,

Melanie W. Roberts
Against Realtor code of ethichs to make any comment. Through interview process a Realtor can suggest other communities besides Garland as options based on your personal lifestyle and professional obligations.

Direct Link Dallas homes for rent

Happy to assist you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor