In My Neighborhood in 30022>Question Details

Karen, Renter in

I would like to know what the post about HOA you don't want to join is all about.

Asked by Karen, Tue Oct 16, 2012

Answers

3
Ron Thomas’ answer
I don't know what POST you are talking about, but I have answered many questions, and was derrogatory about HOA's; I am extremely bent when it comes to HOA's:

Having lived in that circumstance; I have first-hand experience.

Some HOAs are certainly healthy, well-run, resident-friendly and reasonably priced; definitely.

However, there are many that are run like little fiefdoms, usually by a board of residents: They restict the living there to the point of an oppressive dictatorship; parking, pets, visitors, overseeing everything that happens in the yards and streets.
Residents are not allowed to put a sign in their yard for a garage sale or the sale of the property.
They send nasty letters if a garage door is left open or there is a patch of brown on the lawn.
Don't think about having a party, with restrictions about noise, too many people or parking.
The HOA fees can amount to a second mortgage.
You need to consult the CCR's regarding everything you intend to do with your place.

I would advise anyone who is considering buying in HOA, to visit the "compound" and meet some of your new neighbors; ask them what it's like to live there, and definitely get a copy of the CCR's before you make an Offer. Also, determine how well run and solvent the association is.

Good luck and may God bless
Maybe they pulled the post...
Hi Karen - I did not see the post you are referring to. From your quesion is looks like the development is in the Alpharetta/30022 zip code. Do you know what development it was posted for? I will try to give you an update if you can point me in the right direction!

Rick Musto, Managing Broker
Buckhead Home Realty
770-480-7699
rmusto@buckheadhomerealty.com