In My Neighborhood in 08050>Question Details

Skyvee2, Home Buyer in Saint Augustine, FL

I would like to know about the hospitals in the area. Does anyonw have any experience with their care?

Asked by Skyvee2, Saint Augustine, FL Tue Jun 21, 2011

Answers

6
Community Hospital is far from top notch & is rated worst hospital in the Country. Jersey Shore is a good hospital
We took my daughter to the ER at Southern on Rt. 72 and we stay on the island. We waited so long there, we left and we took her to our own hospital in Red Bank. I was not impressed. Sorry
My wife has been an RN for 18 years , many of those years spent in Hospitals. She absolutely knows a good one from a bad one. Both of the hospitals mentioned in other answers, Community Medical Center and SOCH are top notch and regularly rated among the top in the state.
Southern Ocean County Hospital is located on Rt. 72 in Manahawkin. I have used their ER quite a bit and I haven't been disappointed yet, as a matter of fact the ER doctor was very interested in learning about my young daughter's rare disease that he has never heard of let alone treat. That was impressive to me because doctors DO NOT want to be educated by the patient or the patient's caregiver and HE LISTENED to what I had to say.
Southern Ocean County Hospital is located in Manahawkin. We have used their emergency room services and their same day surgical center. We have been very pleased.
You also have Community Medical Center located in Toms River, NJ about 20 mins on the parkway North. They have excellent services there too.
Manahawkin is home to the Southern Ocean Medical Center. The care there is top notch.