Nereydag93, Home Buyer in 76115

I would like to buy a house but not sure if its for sale or not. I've tried to look online no luck.

Asked by Nereydag93, 76115 Mon Apr 22, 2013

I would like to buy a house that is not for sale yet no one lives there neither i don't know the owners. I asked a neighbor about it and she responded that the original owner died and left the house to his family. Since then no one has came to the house. They send a company to do the yard work. It across from my house so I'm always looking around to see any movement no luck so far. I've lived in my house for about 6-7 years and nothing

Rick D’s answer
Living in 76115:

When you are thinking about buying a house, ---even if it's not your first one, you need one of the following combinations:

> A) A Realtor and lots of Cash.

>B) A Realtor and an approved loan.

>C) A Realtor and a good Credit Score and a Job and enough Cash to get approved when you go to a Loan Officer to get a Loan.

All the other activites you are engaging in are a waste of time, so pick one of the above options and get started on figuring out how you will finance a purchase before you start worrying about the house.
In your specific scenario, the house may not be for sale. But an experienced Realtor could find out for you. People don't have to sell a house just because it is vacant. Maybe they are waiting for prices to come up more. I've been selling houses in this county for many years, and I have sold abandonned houses before, so contact me if you want to satisfy your curiosity.

The Internet won't answer all of your questions; you really need to speak with a Realtor.

Rick DeVoss
ULTRA Real Estate Services
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
It sounds like you have some sleuthing to do. You should start at the Central Appraisal District in the county (Tarrant is and see who is listed as the owner. You may be able to approach the trustee and work out a sale. I would still be sure to use an agent for the transaction though; I just closed someone buying a home from a trust without one and process was much longer than it needed to be.

If you need help with the financing check out my program at

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor-NMLS 280951
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 24, 2013

I have came a cross a couple of homes in this situation in the last couple of months. First of all, I would have my title company look up the home and see if the house was transferred into someone in the family name. Also, we would need to see if there was a will and if it has been probated. After getting the information, we could go from there. If you would like me to help you with the process, email me at or could call me at 817.881.2628
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
Try looking at the tax records...Search for the Tarrant County appraisal district and search by the address. Search the appraisal district and the county it's in. It will tell the mailing address where the tax bill is sent to. You might be able to write them a letter and let them know you're interest in buying the house or you can call a realtor and she can find out who the owner is. Try Jill Childs with Keller Williams at:

> 817-991-3475 - cell
Good Morning
If the home's owner passed recently and it was left to family it may still be in probate. The only way to know is to dig in to try to find the current owner. You probably should contact a realtor and let them loo into it for you. The services of the realtor are generally paid for by the seller and this will likely yeild you the quickest answer to your question. Best of luck to you

John Straub
If you send me the address I will be happy to research and see what I can find out.
If you have the address I will be happy to research it for you. Give me a call and we will see what we can find out.
My advise would be to talk to a REALTOR.
It sounds like you are doing everything possible to avoid talking to a Realtor:
Why would you do that?