In My Neighborhood in 60148>Question Details

Kim Rogers, Renter in Silverdale, WA

I will be moving there for school and I just got a job there I lived in zion when I was a teenager MANY years ago. How is this area?

Asked by Kim Rogers, Silverdale, WA Wed Jul 11, 2012

? Its just me now the kids have grown up and moved out. What is the job market like? Gas prices? Home prices seem very reasonable but how are they compared to average salaries locally?

Answers

3
Very nice area with friendly people. Many homes available for sale. Let me know if I can be of any help. Gas prices - ave about $3.70 a gallon.
Lombard is CHANGING for the worse!
Why is it changing for the worst?
Flag Mon May 6, 2013
Hi Kim,
Lombard has a train station, downtown area, lots of restaurants & shopping, great park district, easy access to transportation and highways....all the things that make it a desireable community. I believe gas prices in Chgo area are still among the highest nationally, I think around $3.50 right now, but bouncing around like always. Job market, which I believe is the single most important underpinning to the economy & housing market, is overall weak, as you know, but seems to be stabilizing depending on which industries. Zillow just issued a report saying that Chicago is the best buyer's market in the nation right now. Is it the right place for you? Contact me and we can set up a meeting and/or call to discuss the housing options.