In My Neighborhood in 45409>Question Details

Lena, Home Buyer in 45419

I went to see this house through remax and I signed dual realty papers. And a paper about rights. So does this mean that realtor is my realtor

Asked by Lena, 45419 Sat Dec 11, 2010

becouse I found a realtor that I like better. And I am looking at different house.

Answers

5
Tell the first Realtor that you don't wan to work with them and that you've found your "own" Realtor and you're looking at other houses. Sign an exclusive agency agreement with your new Realtor and move on. The only problem you may have is if you decide to go back an buy the house that the first Realtor showed you before you had the second Realtor. If that happens, put up another question. BTW, make sure you tell your new Realtor about the situation with the other Realtor.

FYI, this statement is not correct:

>>In Ohio a Realtor is required to ask for your signature on the state mandated form "Consumer's Guide to Agency Relationships" before showing you any homes. If you signed this form you must use the Realtor to purchase this home.

That form is not a contract and doesn't bind you to anybody. It's merely a disclosure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 11, 2010
Unless you siged a buyer's agency agreement, you do not have to use him/her, but the Realtor that showed you the house has a right to a commision since he/she was procurring cause, if you buy that house. If you want to see another house you do not have to call that realtor. Pick the Realtor you want to work with and always have that Realtor with you when you want to see a house. Have you Realtor that you like look over the paperwork that you signed.
If you signed an EXCLUSIVE AGENCY agreement with the agent you must use them. If you signed a consumer's guide or any other agreement you do not have to use that agent. Our of courtesy if you signed an non-exclusive and the agent showed you homes and spent time with you, and educating you on the steps of purchasing a home you should use that agent.

But it is your choice of whom you would like to represent you as a buyer.
In Ohio a Realtor is required to ask for your signature on the state mandated form "Consumer's Guide to Agency Relationships" before showing you any homes. If you signed this form you must use the Realtor to purchase this home.

If you signed a "Buyer Agency Agreement Exclusive Right to Represent" you must use your Realtor for any purchase. However, if you did sign this form you may be able to fire your Realtor anyway. Suggest you cover this with your new Realtor.
Lena - if you signed a 'dual agency' agreement, then 'yes', it means that if you buy that house, you have agreed to use that Realtor for the purchase of that house - only.

If you've found a different Realtor that you'd like to use, and you didn't sign an "Exclusive Buyer's Agreement" with that first Realtor... then, you are free to use whomever you'd like for all future homes.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL