Jean Sewell, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I was searching on Trulia for homes in Mid City and I found 2002 Buckingham Rd, Los Angeles CA 90016 with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms . I grew up in

Asked by Jean Sewell, Los Angeles, CA Wed Aug 10, 2011

this house and have never found another like it. How would I get original architecture and or blueprint info, or pictures of inside would be perfect, to duplicate this house in the future? I live in Hawaii now but still love this house. Please help me and point me in the right direction..
Thank you

Answers

4
Hi Jean:

It's hard to say weather or not you would be able to find the original blue prints for this property. This property was built in 1963 and many of the blueprints are not on file with Building and Safety. You can contact the City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety and attempt to get copies of the Certificate of Occupancy. This may show the architect and/or builder that designed and constructed this property. The City does not keep blue prints on file, however, they do have an archive downtown with many of the property records. You may get lucky! It's and interesting place to visit.

The architect may not be around anymore...seeing this house is almost 50 years old.

The current owner may have a copy of the blue prints. The current owner has owned the property since 1970. I may suggest writing the owner a letter or when your in town, knock on the door and speak to them. OR...you can attempt to reconstruct the blue prints from your memories. There are no pictures on the Multiple Listing Service. The property I believe is within an HPOZ (Historic Preservation Overlay Zone) and is in Wellington Square. There may be more information available regarding this property with the HPOZ Department of Building and Safety.

Kat Becker, Agent
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@hotmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
I do not find the house on the market currently. So I can't direct you to the Owner.
But i would start by sending a letter to the "Current Owner" and ask if they have what you are looking for.

Otherwise, you can try contacting the city.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
Hi Jean. I recently purchased a home in Baldwin Hills from the original owners who had it custom built for them in 1952. and although the original owners no longer had the blueprints, I took a trip to LA Dept Bldg and Safety and they pulled all their records for the house. I was able to get a copy of the original occupancy permit and the original sketch of the floorplan which was submitted to the city for approval. The copy of occupancy permit and floorplan was good enough for me. I asked the owners if they still had the blueprints for the home and unfortunately they had just thrown them away a few weeks earlier when getting the home ready to sell. Anyway, I purchased a 4 bedroom, 2 bath (1,750 sqft) sitting on 7,000 sqft of land for $470K back in December 2012. Brokers are already telling me I can sell it for more because of the low inventory in this nice Baldwin Hills Gardens Homeowners Assoc. good luck Dan
Great info Kat.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://wwww.umboc.com