In My Neighborhood in 04747>Question Details

fabislei7, Home Buyer in Toledo, OH

I want to see some snow here and I want to see how hot it gets, can any one tell me?

Asked by fabislei7, Toledo, OH Tue Jul 24, 2012

Answers

2
Mom’s answer
If you want snow this is the place, average around 105 inches, cold winters and it usually starts in November and lasts until mid April. The most snow in recent years was over 15 feet, 07-08. Summers are usually mild in high 60's and 70's but you can have the occasional 80's. We have a saying here if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes and it will change. We do get rain at least every other day in the summer months, it stays green during the summer, growing season is short but you can have a decent veggie garden, flowers do outstanding and fall time is the true jewel around here. Biggest downfall the bugs, blackflies, deerflies and nooseums so bring plenty of bug repellent .....we also have a saying for that but I don't want to scare you off.
Exactly what is needed. TY
Flag Thu Feb 14, 2013
Last year masardis accumulated over 100in. of snow throughout the winter months. There is basically 9 months of winter and average summer temperature is upper 70s lower 80s.
Hi Andrew. Thank you for your response. I have fav'd the weather channel site to include ME. But as you know, forecasters often get it wrong. I haven't looked into where Masardis, ME is yet relative to Appleton, ME. This is the area I am considering at present for my health. My needs include: cold temperatures, wooded and secluded without going into unnecessary details. Does your answer to me encompass this? I appreciate your time and assistance. Thankyou. LeAnne.
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012