In My Neighborhood in 97415>Question Details

Rhonda R Wil…, Real Estate Pro in Saint Joseph, MI

I want to move my family to Brookings are there any tool and die shops near? What's the employment market like?

Asked by Rhonda R Wilson-strasser, Saint Joseph, MI Tue Jan 1, 2013

Answers

3
The community was also well supported by the timber industry and we have alot of vacation spots but alot of the timber industry has been shut down. I hear the invironmentalists have cases against timber sale for the next 20 years so its not going to pick up.
It would be wise to have employment before you move out. This is a retirement community, very few service industry positions, ie. house keeping staff, nursing homes, etc. There are not alot of employment opportunities in the immediate area. Beautiful place to live but, in this economy you hould also consider the reality of available employment if you need to continue to work. Good Luck with your decision.
Looks like according to the web there is one on Rainbow road. I dont know the employment market but the beauty of the area should make you very happy. That is if you are looking at Brookings, OR!