Myfit And Ir…, Renter in Staten Island, NY

I want to know more about eltingville

Asked by Myfit And Irma Rama, Staten Island, NY Sat Sep 24, 2011

Answers

6
Eltingville is a beautiful neighborhood. Before I moved to SI, and before I became a real estate agent, I researched the Staten Island area for a home for my family. We now live in Arden Heights which is 5 minutes from Eltingville by car but we take many walks since the neighborhoods are so close. My kids go to school at PS 42 (in Eltingville) and the school is amazingly family oriented with all of its extra curricular activities and daily school activities. Below are a couple of websites that detail the neighborhoods.

http://www.silive.com/maps/?neighborhoods
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ny/staten-island/crime/

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me, good luck!

Francine Marciano-Slattery
(917) 753-8478
Robert Defalco Realty
Take a video tour of Eltingville here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06GaPbd_WPM
visit my website for more information on Eltingville, units I've sold there.
To add to what everyone here has mentioned. If you go to Wikipedia and type in Eltingville Staten Island NY, you can read a interesting & detailed history report about Eltingville.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 24, 2011
Some of the things attracting families to Eltingville is its location: people can easily reach the Staten Island Railway from the main bus lines along Richmond Avenue, which transfer to and from buses along Hylan Boulevard, another main thoroughfare. In addition, these main streets, along with Amboy Road from Richmond Avenue to Armstrong Avenue, are shopping destinations, with supermarkets, drugstores, delis and bagel shops, pet stores, pizzerias, travel agencies and restaurants. Eltingville is served by the S59, S79, and S89 (which goes to Bayonne, NJ) bus lines along Richmond Avenue, and the S78 along Hylan Blvd. It is also served by the Staten Island Railway and nuerous express buses, which terminate at the Eltingville Transit Center.The median sales price for homes in Eltingville, Staten Island for Jun 11 to Aug 11 was $390,000 based on 15 sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median sales price decreased 4.9%, or $20,000, and the number of sales decreased 51.6%. Average price per square foot for Eltingville was $329, an increase of 6.5% compared to the same period last year. There are currently 62 resale and new homes in Staten Island on Trulia, including 1 open house, as well as 22 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process. The average listing price for homes for sale in Eltingville was $476,324 for the week ending Sep 14, which represents an increase of 1.9%, or $8,690, compared to the prior week. Most homes in the area are detached and semidetached one- and two-family homes.
Web Reference: http://www.clovelake.com
Hello Myfit and Irma,

You are expressing an interest in one of the most desirable neighborhoods on Staten Island.
Eltingville offers home seekers a range of wonderful properties on tree-lined streets close to parks, various amenities and excellent transit options. The town of Eltingville is divided into three distinct areas...

Please click on the link bellow to learn more about Eltingville
Hi!
Eltingville is a great location in Staten Island conveniently located near express buses as well Staten Island rapid transit to the ferry. So, if you're commuting to the city you have two options. The area is home to many schools, including P.S. 42 and P.S. 55, both of which send students to I.S. 7 for middle school. Especially for those who don't drive, you can walk to shopping areas, churches of worship, stores and restaurants depending on your location. There are many single and two family homes, townhouses and condos in the area as well. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but if you'd like help in finding the perfect home I'd be more than happy to help you. My website is listed below where you can search all homes available in Staten Island.
DEBORAH BRACCO
718-619-5701