In My Neighborhood in 92345>Question Details

Marshajpayne, Home Buyer in Hesperia, CA

I've heard there are a lot of getto people from LA and San Bernardino area moving to the High Desert on the section eight homes...

Asked by Marshajpayne, Hesperia, CA Thu Apr 14, 2011

Answers

3
I am very familiar with the entire high desert as I had lived there for 7 years. I do plenty of real estate transactions and am well versed in all the areas. Yes, there are some bad areas but you have bad areas in any city you live in. It's best if you go with someone who has experience in living and doing business in the area. If you have any other questions, you can privately email me at Love2listyou@yahoo.com
The low prices have drawn a lot of low-income people to the area, as it always does. The lack of industry and the huge regulatory burden on businesses in CA will likely keep things this way for a while.
I have told my clients for years, that they should go out on Friday and Saturday night to the neighborhood they are thinking about. I've even taken mine out in my own car, when I felt it would be helpful. A good time of the month to go is around the 3rd when government checks come in. You'll be able to tell how people act when they get their check. Some will act "ghetto" some will not.
As an investor, I've had "ghetto" people of every ethnicity, and upstanding citizens of every ethnicity.
I am from San Diego and recently moved to Hesperia. I love it here, very laid back. I will say, yes there is "ghetto" in the high desert but it has been my experience that it is within certain neighborhoods...not all of Victorville, Hesperia, or Adelanto. Hope this helps.

Before relocating to where I reside now, I did my homework. I used crime statistic websites, school API score websites, spoke to San Bernadino Sheriffs Officers about properties I was interested in.
Also, without disrespecting the realtors that are on this site, I would avoid asking their opinions about specific neighborhoods without confirming the advice with the previously mentioned resources.
That was well put.
Flag Sat Apr 14, 2012