Leonard Doug…, Renter in Highlands Ranch, CO

I spent a lot of time at this house when I was a kid. I was only about 8 at the tiime, but I remember this house survived the Bel-Air fire in 1963, A

Asked by Leonard Douglas, Highlands Ranch, CO Wed Aug 8, 2012

but the year built was also listed as 1963, and the original houses survived the fire. Burt Lancaster's house above this one was burned to the ground and rebuilt in 1963, yet it's year built is also listed as 1963. My fahter collaberated with the origiinal owner Charles "Domey" Smith at this house as far back as 1960. I'll bet it pre-dates this time.

Answers

2
Although the Bel Air fire did go over this area, 1971 Stradella Road was vacant land, later developed as part of a subdivision. No structure existed here until 1968. I was the first owner/resident in this house.
I believe Burt Lancaster lived in Beverly Hills, above the Beverly Hills Hotel.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
My families house also fell in the Bel Air fire of 1963 too on Chantilly. What is your question? Most of the houses have been rebuilt. I would love to know the address. Maybe it is close to my father's house.

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
mcarrabba@kw.com