In My Neighborhood in 33435>Question Details

Bonodino, Both Buyer and Seller in West Palm Beach, FL

I notice a "flurry" of sales activity in this north end of Ocean Ridge, west of A1A, where direct beach access seems somewhat more restrictive; prior

Asked by Bonodino, West Palm Beach, FL Tue Sep 28, 2010

to consider listing my home on Oceanview Drive, I am trying to make an accurate comparison in order to arrive at a current value. From what I can see, the relatively small number of homes, and the huge difference in caliber of these homes, does not lend itself as well to the typical CMA format.

Answers

8
HI Bonodino,
In this market to find your current value the best way is to hire a licensed appraiser to get the actual true value to your home when there is a wide difference in your neighborhood. As a realtor, I can give you sold comps and CMA's but an appraisal is the only way to go to price your house properly. The biggest mistake sellers make is not pricing their house correctly. If any other questions, please call me at 561-445-8719 Lyn Miller Continental Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 28, 2010
Hi, Bonodino -

Your home in Boynton Beach may have some difficulty in assessment; at present I believe the county assesses it at approximately $205,000. However, because Ocean Ridge has houses in every size and shape, you would be best off bringing in a professional and neutral appraiser.

In today's quirky market, however, the problem with appraising your Boynton Beach home before there is a contract on it is that the lending bank will still want to send it's own appraiser. If the lending appraiser's estimate of your Boynton Beach house is lower than that of the appraiser you hired, then you may have problems with the sales contract: the buyer may not want to pay the difference between what he agreed to and the amount that the bank's appraiser has determined is the value of your home in Boynton Beach.

Nonetheless, it is worth the $275-$350 it may cost you to get an appraisal beforehand. That way, you will have an idea of how your home in Ocean Ridge compares to other homes on in the neighborhood. Because, from what I can see looking at valuations of other homes on your block, the county has assessed them all differently.

If you would like some help in selling your home, or you would like the number of a couple of appraisers, please call me and I will be glad to assist you.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
Realty Associates
JablonTeam.@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Web Reference: http://www.JablonTeam.com
Mr. Bonodino:

Thank you for the oppportunity to assist you with the possible sale of your home. After some preliminary searching, I may have some information that you would appreciate. I am a Trulia Pro, a Licensed Florida Broker-Associate and Realtor who specializes in your subject home. Please reach out to me at the contact info below if you have any interest. Thank you, once again.
Gary Goldberg, P.A.
The Infiniti Group At Lang Realty
561-929-7177 cellphone
561-989-2100 office
GarySoldMyHouse@aol.com
Absolutely agree Tom!

Maya Galletta
Greg,

I want to throw my two cents worth in on the appraisal recommendations. If you go that route make sure you hire a reputable appraiser with a good working knowledge of the area as many of the appraisals I am seeing lately are worth less than the paper they are written on. If you would like a recommendation of a quality firm please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Hi Robert
I agree with Lyn regarding the appraisal. In a market such as the one your property is in, this would be most beneficial. Also I would recommend setting appointments with several Realtors in the area so that you can get advice on marketing the home. Price is a huge factor in this market however a great marketing plan and market exposure is important as well. Realtors will be further able to give you advice on how to best show the home so that buyers get the best first impression.
Best of luck to you!
Please feel free to give us a call or email anytime.
Maya Galletta
The South Florida Homes Team
561-376-9839 (cell)
561-880-2626 (office)
maya@REinPBC.com
Web Reference: http://www.REinPBC.com
Hi Bonodino,
Please give me a call and I'll be happy to help you with any of your real estate needs. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shirley Constas
561-523-4601
Highlight Realty
StillFlotin@yahoo.com
Hello Bonodino,
Please give our office a call at 561-965-1225 and we will be happy to provide you with assist you in evaluating your home. Thank you.
Web Reference: http://www.jackieellis.com