In My Neighborhood in 80919>Question Details

Camdahl, Other/Just Looking in 80919

I need to find a list of the covenants and requirements in my neighborhood but I don't know which HOA I belong to. Where can I find this?

Asked by Camdahl, 80919 Tue Nov 23, 2010

information?

Answers

7
Hi Camdahl, there are a couple of options on how to do this. If you pay a monthly fee of any kind the company that gets the check can help you get a copy. If you do not, we as Realtors can help you get in touch with a title company (it does not have to be a specific one) to get a copy. If you closed on your home recently (lets say the last 2 years) you may have them in your folder of documents. If this seems overwhelming or does not make sense please call or email me and I am happy to walk you through it.
If you're still having troubles, I would suggest you call a title company. Here in AZ, they are excellent at helping with HOA questions and documents. They may charge you a small fee for a copy of the actual HOA CC & R's, to cover the cost of their paper, toner and manpower.
Ask a neighbor. Is there a management company? Google management company or neighborhood name to see if there is info on line. Check your lease/deed/purchase contract/county clerk to get legal description that would indicate name of subdivsion for your lot or unit. Call a broker who has listings in neighborhood or check listings on line to find name of subdivision. Management co.or broker working in the area should have documents in pdf format that can be e-mailed to you. As a resident there should be no cost.
Camdahl,

All HOA's are public records. Here in NC we call it the Register of Deeds office for the county. They maintain and keep all the deeds and public filings. Here we can even pull it up online if you know the name of the HOA. Now you will probably see more then one filing. Every time the HOA rules are updated they have to refile them.

Hope this helps,
First you need to find out if you're even in an HOA. There are many subdivisions where no Home Owners Associations exist. Otherwise, the simplest way is to ask your neighors or send me an email and I'll try to find out for you.
Camdahl,

Send me a message with your address and I will let you know.

Kevin Olson
Higher Living Team
719-799-3686
Do you get a bill for your HOA fees--if so, it should contain management information--or consider asking a neighbor(s), ask any local agent, etc.