Julie18, Home Buyer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm relocating to Cedar Rapids next summer. I'm a young, single, recent college graduate looking for a place to rent/possibly buy.

Asked by Julie18, Cedar Rapids, IA Thu Sep 17, 2009

Location is top priority; I'm looking to be close to nightlife/bars/restaurants and safety is also really important as I'll be living by myself. Any tips on areas to look at or stay away from?

Answers

6
It looks like your relocation is soon approaching. Right now is definately a good time to buy in Cedar Rapids. If you haven't found a house yet give me a call and I can arrange a personal tour of the city and help you find the perfect house!

Amanda Burns
Liscensed Realtor in the State of Iowa
(319) 270-8449
Hi Julie, When do you plan on moving? I have a friend selling a great starter home in a great neighborhood. email me if interested bassintj@aol.com
Hi Julie, I totally understand your situation - wasn't that long ago that I was in your same situation. I could definitely give you a rundown of good bars/restaurants, where the nightlife is and neighborhoods you might like. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Chelsea@ChelseaSellsHomes.com
319-558-6169

Chelsea Stillmunkes
Licensed in the state of Iowa
Coldwell Banker Hedges Realty
5408 Blairs Forest Way NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
The downtown is starting to recover from the 2008 flood, but I would live near downtown. A nice area, that is still reasonably priced would be farther down first ave, between 32nd and 40th st NE. I'd stay away from the Wellington Heights and Mound View areas. Another good area is around Noelridge park - safe and close to a lot.
Julie-Feel free to email me with your address and I will send you a map that breaks Cedar Rapids down by schools. Using this information you will be able to descern which neighborhoods you might feel the most comfortable in. You can also check the specific crime rates for neighborhoods with the police department. We have lots of safe areas near points of interest whether you may be looking for a condo or single family residence and I'd be happy to help.
John Beltramea
EliteGMAC Real Estate
Broker/Owner
Cedar Rapids,IA
319-393-3190
john@elitegmacrealestate.com
Yes it is, the location is the most top priority, but you should look forward to things like, is the restaurant and nightlife bars can actually save you money or is it a temptation to spend more... no matter how small the cost of living is, if you have temptation like that it's not worth it, bars are also not secure to have around the vicinity.

Cedar Rapids is a great place but think ahead.
Web Reference: http://delawarereopros.com/