Tina, Home Buyer in 43228

I'm looking to buy an investment property in Halsey Place and would like to know what the neighborhood like around or in Halsey Place, Columbus 43228.

Asked by Tina, 43228 Mon Jan 2, 2012

Answers

3
Jeff Paeltz’s answer
Hi Tina,
Interesting question. I will echo Cathys answer in that we can't answer that question. We might say the neighboor is safe and then a week later the home gets broken into or we say the neighborhood has some crime issues and some homes never get broken into.
There is always a RISK in buying an investmant property and one of those is crime. You should seek ways to minimize your exposure. Things to consider: getting adequate insurance on the property, do a good screening on possible tenants, Fabcogroup.com can help you with that, gettinga PO box to have the rent checks sent there and not at your primary home or having to go there an pick the rent check up.

I hope this has been helpful. If there is anything else I can do please do not hesistate to give me a call or contact me at: jeffreypaeltz@kw.com.

Jeffrey Paeltz, SFR
614.288.0423
Tina,
Unfortunately Tina Realtors aren't allowed to answer questions about a neightborhood. "Type" of neighborhood is very subjective based on a person's opinion. The link given to you by Vishon in the first answer is a great idea. Another idea is drive through the neighborhood, check it out for yourself. If you happen to see anyone outside in the area stop and ask them how they like living there. I as well as other realtors am able to run some reports on the neighborhood, such as how much are homes selling for, what has sold in the past year, if there are any short sale or foreclosed homes. You may also go to this website to get crime statistics http://spotcrime.com
Hope this helps.
Happy New Year!
Cathy Schwandt
Happy New Year Tina and thanks for your inquiry! If you are looking for specific information on the neighborhood please refer to the website: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/columbus/
This resource includes information on schools, crime, appreciation rates, etc.

Currently there is one particular residential property on Halsey Place for sale and as well as several others opportunities in the immediate area.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance on your search:
Vashon El-Amin
Home Central Realty
614-893-8038