In My Neighborhood in 77084>Question Details

Valerie, Home Buyer in 77859

I'm looking at houses in the N. Bear Creek and S. Ivy Circle area -- I'm not familiar with this area -- I do not live in Houston, I've heard it is

Asked by Valerie, 77859 Sat Jun 4, 2011

an industrial area and some streets near N. Bear Creek and S. Ivy are "questionable", at best. I like to walk a lot, sometimes with my dog -- how safe is this area? Are there certain streets to avoid? What about break-ins, vandalism, etc.?

Answers

2
Valerie,
I live and work in the area. I like to walk also. I live right in Bear Creek and I walk in the neighborhood or I go to the park which has a 2 mile track (I could use a new walking buddy). I have always felt safe, but there is crime everywhere (even the finest areas) so I always try to be aware of my surroundings. If you have any other questions or just need more info about the area please contact me.

Jodi
If you are concerned about crime, for accurate and up to the minute information contact the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; in addition and if possible, take the time and visit the area more than once and at different times of day, then make your determination.