Liscione, Home Buyer in Lake Ariel, PA

I'm interested in learning more about Lake Ariel area ie things to do; safety; friendliness, etc

Asked by Liscione, Lake Ariel, PA Sun Nov 28, 2010

Answers

7
I am not a realtor, just a homeowner who rents. This is a beautiful and picture perfect area..... people are nice and I hear amazing things about the school district. Lake Ariel butts up to Lake Wallenpaupack - the state's largest engineered lake. 14 miles long, 2 miles wide, 52 miles of shoreline.

Its a beautiful lake that allows power boats.

My house is located in a community called Indian Rocks, this is right near Ledgedale Marina. By personal experience this community is SO friendly and offers alot for families to be a part of.... bingo nights, pool nights, crafts and areboics and so much more. Truely a community that is peope oriented and helpful. We had never had safety concerns there.... we have a community law enforcers (which is nice to know that he just makes sure cars are register etc)

I hear schools are great and helpful. Lots to do parasailing, jetski, a short drive to drive in movies, shopping, water parks, steam town mall, comedy centers, yankee stadium training, sking, antique shops and great great town fairs. My favorite is Wayne County fair in August!
Your best way to get your concerns and questions answered is to explore them on the internet. Area websites,
Police departments etc. and drive through the area at different times of the day and different days of the week, that way you will find out if this is what you are looking for and once you know which areas you would like to be in, you can give your Realtor an approximate area limit you would like to stay in....

Good Luck to you
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
http://attractions.uptake.com/pennsylvania/lake_ariel/506186…

Hope this helps you learn more about what is available in the Lake Ariel area..

Lake Ariel in Wayne County is surrounded by all types of attractions, golfing, skiing, horseback riding, boating, major shopping and the arts. Looking for community living, explore the Hideout. http://www.Hideouthomes.com

Wayne County
ATTRACTIONS AND HISTORIC SITES
Dorflinger Glass Museum - contains an extensive collection of over 600 glass pieces made by the companies of Christian Dorflinger. Long Ridge Road, White Mills. (570) 253-1185
Equinunk Historical Society/ Calder House Museum - featuring the history of Northern Wayne County. Route 191 and Pine Mill Road, Equinunk. (570) 224-6722
Harris Hamlin House - the first house built in the settlement of Salem, by Harris Hamlin of Connecticut in 1802. Route 590.
Hill Sawmill - first operated during the Civil War era. All equipment is still intact. Duck Harbor Road, Lookout. (570) 224-6722
Kelley Auto Museum - AACA National Award Winning Museum, home to more than 160 antique and classic cars from the 20's to the 70's. Lehigh Road, Gouldsboro. (570) 842-2797
Lake Wallenpaupack - the state's largest engineered lake. 14 miles long, 2 miles wide, 52 miles of shoreline, straddling the Wayne/Pike county line. Visitor Center, Route 6, .5 mile from junction of Route 507. (570) 226-2141
Octagon Schoolhouse - a native fieldstone schoolhouse constructed in the 1840's and characterized by its octagon shape. Not open to the public but can be viewed from the roadside. West 1-1.5 miles from Route 296.
PP&L Visitors Center - a covered audio-visual tour of the Wallenpaupack hydroelectric project, featuring lake history, the production of electricity and recreation on the lake. Route 6 near junction of Route 590, Hawley. (570) 226-3702
Stourbridge Line Rail Excursions - unique rail excursions traveling from Honesdale to Hawley and Lackawaxen through beautiful forest and farmland, along the Lackawaxen River. (570) 253-1960
Wayne County Historical Society and Museum - featuring the history of Wayne County and home of the Stourbridge Lion. (570) 253-3240
COMMUNITY PARKS
Beach Lake Park: Berlin Twp Bethany Park: Bethany
Bingham Park: Hawley Brownsdale Park: Clinton Twp
Court Yard: Honesdale Fair Avenue Park: Honesdale
Gibbons Park/Irving Cliff: Honesdale Gouldsboro Recreation Facility: Lehigh Twp.
Lakewood Park/Preston Park: Preston Twp. Newfoundland: Dreher Twp.
Paupack Recreation Facility: Paupack Twp. Pleasant Mount Park: Mt Pleasant Twp.
Prompton Park: Prompton Starrucca Park: Starrucca
Wilson Field: Waymart

Please feel free to call or e-mail me at any time.
Dennis Barillo
ERA One Source Realty
Lake Ariel, PA 18436
Office: 1-800-853-8171 Ext: 12
Email: dennisbarillo@yahoo.com
The Hideout is a gated community with 24 hour security and LOADS of amenities- everything from water skiing to snow skiing, golf, tennis (including 2 brand new indoor courts), wood crafts, arts and ceramics, and more. Other communities offer more laid back options, some offer indoor pools and community access to Lake Wallenpaupack. Horseback riding is very close by and the area boasts plenty of natural areas- state parks, conservation areas, and hunting lands. I moved to Lake Ariel 20 years ago (originally from the Jersey Shore) and have never regretted it. Please feel free to call or email me if I can be of any assistance.

Eileen Talalas
RE/MAX BEST
570-698-7299
cell: 570-499-2793
etalalas@remax.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 28, 2010
The Lake Ariel Region, while nestled quaintly and quietly in the North Pocono Mountains, affords ample recreation to enthusiasts of varying degrees. Probably the best source of up-to-date information and a calander of events would be to pick up a recent copy of Connection's Magazine or visit their site: http://www.connections-magazine.com. And if you're new to the area and really need to get a good feel for the neighborhood prior to making the BIG decision to invest in a home....there's an exceptional inventory of rental homes to consider to get your feet wet. Renting a home, relieves the pressure of being forced into making an uninformed decision. gives you a chance to soak up the local color and find out first-hand if this is your idea of a "Destination." And believe it or not...that's the hard part...deciding if the neighborhood does it for you and your family. With the abundance of inventory currently on the market, finding the perfect home is easy.
Back to things to do.....if you're into skiing, my first response would be to check out SNO Mountain. The weather has allowed them to cover most trails with fresh powder and the vertical drop is awesome; http://www.snomtn.com. I'd normally recommend a number of hiking trails; but this being the first week of white-tail deer season....unless you're a hunter, I'd stay out of the woods. However, plays, cinemas, skating, nightlife, comedy clubs...etc.
Of this I can be certain...you won't be bored.
I hope you have an enjoyable stay and of course, yes...please feel welcome to call me anytime should you have any questions or would just like to let me know how you made out.
Safe Travels,
Mark T. Bond
Davis R. Chant Real Estate, Inc.
800-742-1127
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, consider doing some reasearch of your own beforehand--visit the area more than once, look at anything of importance of to you, get a sense of belonging, possible chat with locals, consider visiting/contacting the local police department for any safety related questions, etc., then make a determination, will your comfort level be reached--also see links.
http://www.city-data.com/county/Wayne_County-PA.html
http://www.city-data.com/zips/18436.html
Hello Liscione,
Lake Ariel is a wonderful place to live, work and play. There are many great communities in the area that have all types of amenities and activities for you to enjoy. If you are not interested in a community type of lifestyle, then there are many options available in the surrounding area. We own the RE/MAX BEST office located in the heart of Lake Ariel, and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the area and give you more information regarding the high quality of life that we enjoy in Lake Ariel. Please feel free to call or e-mail me at any time.
Heather Meagher
Realtor/Owner, RE/MAX BEST
1200 Hamlin Highway
Lake Ariel, PA 18436
570-698-7299
heathermeagher@remax.net