In My Neighborhood in 78245>Question Details

Val, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

I'm curious as to why so many homes are for sale in the area. I have driven around multiple times and it always looks nicely kept, clean, and quiet.

Asked by Val, San Antonio, TX Fri Jun 8, 2012

Considering buying a house since we will be in TX for the long haul and would like my kids to be in a safe, friendly environment. Not one that is constantly changing. Thanks in advance for your input!

Answers

5
Leah McNamara’s answer
Good evening Val,

The current state of the market in any zip code is determined by the absorbtion rate (in months) which is the ratio between the number of homes for sale which are not under contract, divided by the number of homes which are currently under contract. In 78425 that ratio is currently exactly 2, meaning that at the current rate of sale it would theoretically take only 2 months to clear all of the current inventory of homes for sale. In reality this never happens because new inventory is always being added, but it's an excellent guide to the current state of any market if the you consider the following general rules, which are endorsed by most real estate appraisers:
- Less than 3 months of inventory indicates healthy demand
- 4 months of inventory indicates a market in equilibrium (a balance between the number of buyers and sellers)
- more than 4 months of inventory indicates a progressively weaker market as the number of months increases.

Accordingly, as 78245 has only 2 months of inventory right now, it's in strong demand.

By the way, I have an outstanding buyer benefits program which could save you thousands of dollars across all the key elements of the home buying process. Please email me at Broker@BestPracticesRealty.com for full details.

Leah McNamara GRI BPOR
Managing Broker
Best Practices Realty
Direct: (210) 745-1411
email: Broker@BestPracticesRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 8, 2012
You know there are lots of reasons people move and in today's world there are so many re locating to various locations. That really seems to be the number one reason, others include down sizing, moving closer to family, etc. So do not be scared when you see numerous homes for sale, it is life rearranging the landscape.

http://www.kathyripps.com
Val, My guess--78245 zipcode is fairly close to Lackland Air Force Base. Every few years military may have to relocate to newly assigned bases. Seems like a lot of my military clients get transfer notice in spring and like to move in summer while kids are out of school.
I know that area also has many long-time retired military families...
Give me a call anytime with questions or other San Antonio chit-chat.

Norma Tilleman
E-PRO® REALTOR®
Realty Executives - Select Properties
Val,

What neighborhood do you live in? I have a family member that lives in Hummingbird Estates off Kroewald Rd. I know they are still building in the neighborhood. I would love I show you around the area, I'm very familiar with it. Send me an email and I'd be happy to help.

Maegan Olguin

JB Goodwin REALTORS
maegan-olguin@jbgoodwin.com
210-323-1257
If you send me your e mail I can send you all the homes available for sale in the area of your interest. Or you can check my website for free.
Good Luck
Jose L. Novelo