In My Neighborhood in 02066>Question Details

jessfritz, Home Buyer in Scituate, MA

I'm considering buying a home that is on one of the numbered avenues. But it's hard to tell how we would get to the beach without going through

Asked by jessfritz, Scituate, MA Sat Feb 4, 2012

someone's property.

Answers

3
Heath Coker’s answer
I'd go there when there is going to be a heavy storm or rain and see what the mentioned water issues are. I'd also go in some local open houses and see who is actually working in the area. Then I'd ask them your question(s). All real estate is local, and a local pro can save you time and money.

By the way, Margie, the first one to answer, mistypedher URL. It should be http://www.homesbymcshane.com/

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
There are rights of passage between the homes along Oceanside Drive. There is also an opening that has been let grow over, to the left of a contemporary home on Oceanside and around the intersection of 5th, I believe? Be careful of the heavily flooded areas on the Avenues. Most are very low and the water runs much further up those streets towards Hatherly Road than you would ever imagine!
Donna - how about the streets with Road in their names, like Oceanside and Seaside? Do they flood too? Thans, Ann
Flag Sat Sep 15, 2012
There are some public entrances in the area. I love the area and live in Scituate. If you are looking for a local agent who knows the area give me a call or email: Check out my webite.