In My Neighborhood in 33907>Question Details

Dean Johnson, Other/Just Looking in Fort Myers, FL

I'm coming down sep 29 to look at condos 2/2 nice things to have are a healthy HOA, w/d, tennis, garage in a low crime area. What advice can you?

Asked by Dean Johnson, Fort Myers, FL Sun Sep 20, 2009

provide on 25/50K condos say like the summerlin location or harbour cay, winkler area condos.

Answers

8
My advice if you want all of that is to completely reconsider your price range. Sorry to be blunt but you are asking for a lot but want to spend only enough to buy a nice Van. you can find plenty in that price range but area will be problematic, HOA in trouble, etc...etc...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 20, 2009
Hey Dean, (Are you D.J. from Missouri?)
There are many condo's that meet that search criteria. However, I just pulled up -0- with garages in the areas you mentioned for under $50K. Hope you will contact me regardings how you would like to proceed.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulf Shore Life Magazine
239-464-8620

LISTING FOR YOU TO LOOK OVER:
The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a Buyer Broker." As stated by AARP and The Consumer Federation of America, per REALTOR NEWS.

Florida Buyer Broker is one of the only “genuine” buyer brokers in all of Southwest Florida. There is NO extra/hidden or additional cost for you to obtain my specialized “exclusive” buyer broker services in your real estate transaction. “The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBuyer.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make
20 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall

There is no obligation required of you to access this important free educational information on my homepage. The site is informative but does not give the buyers the benefit of my 30 years experience working in the Southwest Florida real estate market unless they call me to schedule time for me to work with them. So, don’t hesitate to call. I am the broker who will actually assist you in finding the best property in your price range and have extensive experience working in 2 counties to help you make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. It’s best to schedule my time in advance.
On my general “Search Property” link you will be able to search property anywhere in Florida. Please see “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage to for instructions on how this search link works.
On the “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage you will find instructions on how to access the different searching options including local REALTOR® MLS data to “search like an agent.” Once you set up a profile on these links, you can save your search and you will automatically be notified when new listings or price changes become available which meet your criteria. It is important that you give yourself at least 15 minutes to sign in and complete an entire search prior to leaving the system in order to set up the program properly. Your search will then be saved and you will be able to change your criteria anytime in the future. I recommend scrolling down the criteria choices and putting a “don’t want” in the short sale box. You want to get a good idea of what is available, don’t base your decision to buy on a short sale.

You will need to copy the links below and paste in your address bar OR go to the Menu Bar on http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com to click directly on the links to access “Collier Search Link or Lee Search Link.”

To Search Lee County - Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Estero, Pine Island, Lehigh, Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach and Bonita Springs:
http://www.buyerbroker.listingbook.com

To Search Collier County - Naples, Bonita Springs (Part of Bonita is in Collier County and Part is in Lee County) Marco Island and surrounding areas: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.listingbook.com
Many homes built between 2000 and 2009, including some renovated homes in Southwest Florida were built with Chinese Drywall. I hope you will take time to learn more about this serious problem at the Chinese Drywall link on my homepage.
I assure you it does not cost you more to obtain my specialized buyer broker services. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can legally negotiate for a lower price for the buyer and must take care of the buyers’ best interest through out the transaction. A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.
This is my 30th year selling real estate in the Southwest Florida. I have been working as an “exclusive” buyer broker since 1993 and licensed to sell real estate in Florida since 1981. Please feel free to call me anytime on my toll free number 1-800-283-7393.
I am friendly and easy to talk to.
Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC Informative homepage: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com
Owner – Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com Florida Buyer Broker
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
US and Canada Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Lee County has seen a 33.6% increase in the average sale price this year. You will have to adjust your price point in order to accomodate your wants & needs. I would suggest that you talk with a Lender and get pre-approved prior to condo shopping. Take advantage of the record low interest rates and invest in a stable HOA community. The "too good to be true" deals you may be seeing on the internet are just that.... If you would like more information on getting pre-approved let me know. It is important to have realistic expectations and to work with a Realtor that is experienced in buying and selling condo's. I wish you Luck! Remember LOCATION is Everything!

Robert Tyler
239-850-2629

http://www.FLeasyLiving.com
Dear Mr Johnson
If you wish to pay cash for your condo, there are places in Fort Myers but you may need to look further away from the beach area.
You may need to contact a Realtor who can show you the up to date listing of homes for sale and give you advise on the area.
Regards
Colin
239 634 9499
colin@platinumrealtyservices.com
Hi
If you are purchasing with cash just be sure to review the condo HOA. Review the budget, reserves, delinq ratios & owner occupied levels. If you need a mortgage and you will use as an investment property you will have great difficulty finding a mortgage. Primary residence or 2nd homes are slightly easier but Lenders will require 25%-30% down and they will look at all aspects on the condo association.

Good Luck
Hi Dean,
I will call you on Monday with some a prospective property in a centralized location with the amenities you need. I just need to confirm the 2/2 with the garage is still available. Happy to help you.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2009"
by Gulfshore Life Magazine
239-464-8620
sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Hi Dean,

I have condos in North Fort Myers at Schooner Bay. I have 2/2 with car ports and the entry gate is manned.

If you woudl like to see more about them, go to http://www.kevincloutier.com and look at Schooner Bay and My Florida Listings.

You are no where near a realistic price range for what your looking for an no agent wil likely spend any time with you unless you come up price wise.

Also we have no tennis courts, but you will see from the info provided, it is like a resort here with all the other amenities.

Kevin Cloutier
239-246-6639
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 20, 2009