Molly Black, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

I'm a disabled divorced ex-housewife who needs any help she can get. I'm below the 45 age mark so can't get senior assistance, nor can

Asked by Molly Black, Oakland, CA Sun Mar 25, 2012

I get Veterans. I'm female.
I've good though not excellent credit.
I'm under 45 but over 40.
I'm single.
I'm disabled with a disability plate on my car.
Looking for a two-bed/two-bath, one level, disability proofed house or T-I-C or something of that type.
I currently have a live-in caregiver who I pay the rent, utilities, and extras for in exchange for part-time, though live-in, assistance.

Answers

6
It looks like Sheryl would be an excellent fit for you as a loan professional, Molly. I would start with her consultation. That will further nail down what price point you will be looking at. I'm currently working on a transaction for a 1 bed/ 1 bath condo in Oakland for $145,000 that is one block from Piedmont. A 2 bed/ 2 bath in this area should be doable in your estimated price range. Feel free to contact me when you've procured a loan with Sheryl. I'd be happy to show you around the area and help you find a place that will fit all your needs.

510-502-5422 (direct line)
kyle.quesnoy@bhghome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
Hello Molly Black, I can qualify you with a few dozen questions in minutes. I am a Veteran as well and can qualify you for VA no down payment loan. Here is a link and a needs list to gather for processing a loan approval. You will also need your DD 214. I specialize in Under 640 Fico Score Loans and offer credit repair at no cost to raise fico scores to qualify. VA is not a fico driven loan program but I can look at your credit reports to determine if I can fund you with a VA loan. Give me a call to go over your credit profile...

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/VAHomeLoans.aspx

Sheryl Arndt, standard needs list checked, pdf
http://tinyurl.com/9m2rsb2

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
My price point is probably around $250K though if I'm approved for Social Security it may go to $300K.

I'm looking for someplace in a nice neighborhood that's dog friendly and if not with a yard I would like a dog friendly park quite near.

I would not like to have a lot of renovation though some is okay.

Writing this from ER so I may have missed some points but hopefully patience will meet this and more information will welcome this response.

Cheers.
Hello Molly,

You may want to speak to a lender regarding your situation because it's unclear if you have a price point or if you know what you can afford.

If you like, I can have one of my lenders contact you or you can visit your own bank and get started there. If you like, I would be happy to take you to the local branch and see what can be done.
What price range are you targeting? I'm assuming Piedmont is your ideal location. Keep in mind that homes that are not currently equipped to accomodate your disability can be made to accomodate you. For example, we installed chair lifts in our two story split level home in Piedmont (the place was litterally nothing but stairs) for my dad. However, that may be something you wouldn't want to deal with. It was quite a hassle to get it all approved by the city. Anyway, that being said, any information regarding your budget would be a big help. Let me know, when you get a chance. Thanks.
Molly

I'll be glad to help --- if you're thinking of buying, what is your budget range? Are you looking only in Piedmont or would you consider adjoining cities.

And what type homes would you prefer besides a detached single family home? Would you consider condos as long as there are elevator facilities?

Pacita C. Dimacali
REALTOR®, CDPE, e-PRO, SRES®, MBA
Distressed Property Certified
DRE# 01367196
Cell (510) 205-2992
Fax (510 550-7977
Pacita@PacitaRealtor.com
Alain Pinel Realtors
6211 La Salle Avenue (Montclair Village)
Oakland CA 94611