In My Neighborhood in Gary>Question Details

Amos Franklin, Other/Just Looking in Gary, IN

I live near a home that is for sale, The company that selling it is not maintaing it,grass and trash evrywhere

Asked by Amos Franklin, Gary, IN Sat Sep 27, 2008

What can I do to get them to take care of it

Answers

3
I keep up with my yard. I will not mow the lawns or clean up trash in the lawns of my clients. The property owner should take care of his yard. If he lives out of state or far away he should hire a lawn care company to take care of it...not a real estate brokerage. It's like expecting my computer technician to mop my floors.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2008
Gary,

Responsiblity for property maintenence remains with the Seller when a home is for sale. If the Sellers have moved out, contact the Real Estate company (or the agent directly) to have them contact the Seller to clean up the property. There are times when the Seller refuses or may not be able to pay for the clean-up. In this case, the agent should contract someone to do the work and take the amount of this clean up off of the Seller's proceeds from the sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 27, 2008
you have 2 options, one is to call your city building inspector/housing standars dept and report them and the other is to just call the realtor and ask when the grass will be cut and property maintained. tell them you live there and it is putting a drain on teh area. be nice but insistant if you get any lip. goo dluck in getting it cleaned up.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com