In My Neighborhood in 07502>Question Details

D1highlander, Home Buyer in Paterson, NJ

I live in this area and this is NOT a high crime area. Trulia does not properly represent the different parts of this city!

Asked by D1highlander, Paterson, NJ Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

9
Really nice area. I'm a community person and that was never a problem area. I've been around Paterson for over 15 years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
I live in teh area also. I am livivng in East Side Park for 18 tears and I would not live anywhere else.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 7, 2012
I agree. This is a low crime area with nicely kept homes and feels more like suburb than city
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 4, 2012
I live in Paterson and where I live is discussing, too much drugs etc. the thing u have good and bad part off Paterson. to the east side is great, near to Totowa eg chamberlain ave, redwood ave etc. is great.
The data is acurate so far as I can tell. That is a known gang area/territory (bloods) also constant shootouts on 10th ave, 12 ave, godwin ave, hamilton ave. 12th ave and 22nd ave is a known nest in which I personally hosed off for hours brain matter and skull fragments from a recent shooting. The only reason someone would say this is a good area is to sucker some person into moving in here to pay rent or get stuck with a house. Paterson is on the top half of a list of the worst/most dangerous cities in the US along with six other Jersey towns. Paterson is in the top ten cities for murders. Paterson taxes are outrageous and appraise through tax appraisers far more than any bank or lending int=stitution would ever consider. Our last mayors except so far for Jeffery Jones have all been charged and arrested for various crimes. If Paterson is such a good area than why did the state police have to send in 33 undercover officers (still here) to help? Also State Police also run patrols through city now also though they mostly just drive through at speeds unfit for surveillance.In the last months we have had a serial rapist, murders in a bar, outside a carwash, outside a liquor store, several in the north side etc. There is more I cannot even speak on. Paterson is garbage. Oh and the blame....is on the residents who's attitude is.."thats not my business"..or.."they ain't botherin' me"...or ...several (a lot) police who say well if the residents don't care why should I" or "you guys don't want to say anything or make complaints" about places the police themselves frequent.. Knowing all this...why the hell would I want to invest any money in Paterson? Any doubts...start googling because all or most that I have mentioned is public record.
that is true jamies
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
10th ave, 12 ave, godwin ave, hamilton ave. 12th ave and 22nd ave., yes this area is bad, no doubt, but not the whole city is like that. could it be, if the residents and police don't work together...yes. But as of now this is still a good area. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make you right about this area.
Flag Tue Nov 13, 2012
to D1highlander:
Do you call me small minded ,just because I'm telling the truth? School system tell everything, and I will never stop coments on Trulia, only because You don't like it...and all my days are good, I live in nice area, not in the geto,named Paterson!
Paterson = Bronx!!!
I don't need your respect at all, I'm proud myself for being able to live without food stamps and wellfare. And about my school system - I have double major at Social Sience in Europe and it is not ME, looking to buy home in Paterson...You are the one asking questions about the area and you shelll appreciate my honesty! YOU will comment my spelling...who the f*** are YOU!
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
It's more how you present yourself madam. Perhaps you are bitter because your school system failed you. (i.e. spelling and punctuation is awful) Anyway, wherever you may live doesn't matter, but the type of person you are does. It's a shame there are still so many prejudice people in the area that look down on others and their situations. I would have more respect for you if you just admitted that you are a bigot.
Nevertheless, we are done here. I won't waste anymore time with someone like yourself.
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
nice area?!? what are you talking about?! School system have ratings 1, they are hookers on every big street at night and residents always look at you with grumpy faces! Paterson=Mostly black people, living on well-fare.
I live 15 years in Bergen county and I will never move here!
If you read the rest of the posts, we weren't discussing the school system. And clearly you are an opinionated bigot. Sooo, why don't save your comments for small minded people like yourself.
Oh, and try to have a good day. :)
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi D1highlander,

Which specific area are you referring to? I'd like to look into this for you and make confirm the data that we're using to generate the crime maps. I'd really appreciate your help in setting the record straight on your area.

You can email me directly at andrew@trulia.com

Thanks!

Andrew Wilkinson
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
They're actually pretty good; they base their crime map with a direct link from local police data. Of course, not all data is 100% accurate, but I find it to be pretty good in my area.