In My Neighborhood in 27516>Question Details

Jeff Kelchner, Home Owner in San Diego, CA

I live in Chapel Hill, NC 27516. I am trying to find comparative HOA dues and services in the area.

Asked by Jeff Kelchner, San Diego, CA Tue Jul 30, 2013

Our community is Briar Chapel. I am part of a community group that wants to do a comparison of area dues and the services provided. Can you provide a resource for such information outside of calling every community??
Thank you Jeff Kelchner

Answers

4
Jeff,

I applaud your question and the work you're doing on behalf of the homeowners at Briar Chapel; unfortunately I don't believe you're going to find what you're looking for short of contacting the various communities in our area.

I'm very familiar with Briar Chapel having sold a number of homes/townhomes there. As Desiree points out it's very tough to do an apples to apples comparison as there are townhomes, condos, and single family properties within the development.

Having familiarity with a wide variety of subdivisions in the area, my general opinion is that Briar Chapel's fees are very reasonable for what is given. The maintenance of the roads, trails, parks, pool, gym clubhouse and sewer system etc. There aren't too many communities that offer as much bang for the buck in my opinion.

I'd love to know the final results of your comparison once your done and hope the HOA appreciates your efforts.
Jeff,

I think it is a great idea to do a comparison but there is no one source of data.

In doing a comparison you have many factors to consider. Communities may have similar amenities but the # of households will greatly affect the HOA fees. Also, comparing a new neighborhood to older neighborhoods poses difficulties. Older neighborhoods may need assessments to take care of long term maintenance issues. Pools always add additional costs because of insurance liability and maintenance.

Your neighborhood is mixed with single family and townhomes. This also requires different HOA fees.
Also, Briar Chapel Has a community septic system. Another cost.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
You might try the larger property/hoa management companies. I feel sure they would be happy to give you comparison data in exchange for opportunity to manage. If you need help finding them please contact me.
Web Reference: http://LindaCromartie.com
Hi Jeff:

I don't know of any existing summary that would provide such info, but if there are particular subdivisions you want to compare I can provide information for you from a search in the MLS listings.