In My Neighborhood in 53058>Question Details

Mary, Home Buyer in Palmyra, WI

I like this property and my husband and I are thinking of retiring soon. We had a thought, our property is worth a little over what this one is for

Asked by Mary, Palmyra, WI Thu Oct 4, 2012

sale for and our dream is a home on a lake. We have a home in Pewaukee, WI on Overhill Lane: pool, hot tub inside (spa room & large), 4 miles from I94, brick home - 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath - BARTER? TRADE? Mary and Rudy Ralian

Answers

4
Mary, your best bet is to just get your house listed for sale. That is, if you need to sell in order to buy. If you market the home and price it right it will sell. You can then look for your "retirement" home. Once you start to actually look there is a good chance you wil find something else you love. Everything will fall into place as it should. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Mary, If you list your home, the broker can put comments in the MLS that states you would be open to a trade. This can be placed in an area private only to agents, or public, to all home buyers.
Nice thought, hard to do, you have to love their home and they have to fall in love with yours, and believe me we all have a different taste and feeling to what we like or dislike in a home. Therefore
this solution is very difficult to attain.

The best would be to prepare you home for sale, and list it with a good local Realtor, if you need a recommendation get back to me.... And while your home is on the market, start looking around for that retirement home on a lake and there are many many lake homes in Wisconsin, so you should have
a lot of choices, since in retirement you do not depend on your job site and commute anymore, you can just go for what you truly love and where you want to retire to....

Hope this helps a little
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Mary trading home is rare. The sellers of the home you want to sell need to find their dreamhome in your home. That normally does not happen.