In My Neighborhood in 11552>Question Details

shea, Home Buyer in West Hempstead, NY

I like a few houses on pinebrook ct in west Hempstead is that a good block to live?

Asked by shea, West Hempstead, NY Wed Jan 11, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Shea,

Legally agents aren't allowed to 'steer' you towards purchasing or not purchasing on any specific area or block. The best thing to do is drive through the area to check it out. You can also check out the community stats. You can do some research on the community of West Hempstead itself on the website listed below. If you would like more information about any properties or would like to schedule an appointment to see any, please email or give me a call.

Happy house hunting.

Daniel Rosenbaum
Jacobson Realty
516-678-9111 ext 108
drosenbaum@jacobsonrealty.com
I would be more than happy to show you the varous parts of West Hempstead and discuss your needs/wants in a home. I am an agent in West Hempstead as well as a resident.
Peter Owen
The Donnelly Group
(516)317-2860
petero@thedonnellygroup.com
Hi, You cn visit http://www.homefair.com and http://www.spotcrime.com for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. The other option would be to contact the local police dept.

Chris
If unfamiliar with the area, do take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc., then determine if your comfort level can be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Agents cannot answer your question..... by law anything that could be perceived as 'Steering" i.e. away or into
a certain neighborhood for any reason is illegal. Once you have narrowed down an area of interest you need to
do your own research, on the internet, the schools on their sites, talk to some of the potential future neighbors and ask them what they like about their neighborhood ... or not, and drive through the area at different times or days and get a feel for it and decide if this is the right neighborhood for YOU. Remember that taste and needs are so very different for each person.... Make sure yourself that it is a good fit for YOU!
Good Luck to you!

Edith YourRealtor4Life! and Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert