In My Neighborhood in 10918>Question Details

Junepalumbo7, Home Buyer in Chester, NY

I have a 11 year old son is there any kids around this area?

Asked by Junepalumbo7, Chester, NY Tue Apr 26, 2011

Hi, You can visit and click on the city reports section for area demographics. there is a cool side by side comparison feature for any zip code as well!

Chester is a great community! The best way to find out about an area is to be a tourist. Take your family to area parks, sports fields, tour the school, and get to know the area!
Orange County offers so many great things for children of all ages to get involved in such as sports, boy scouts, 4-H, etc. My children have made some great friends by being involved in some of these groups.
Yes, this is Chester, NY too far from Middletown in Orange County. I do get requests from clients for this area.
Yes there are many places to meet other kids. Castle Fun Center in Chester is a great place. You have roller skating, gokart, video games and then down the street is a tennis center you can sign up for tennis lessons. Mount Vernon NJ is not far there is a water park in the summer and skiing in the winter. A lot of camps that are not too expensive in the area. Schools offer many summer activities and school time activities.
If unfamiliar with the area, do take the time and visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, drive around, etc.