In My Neighborhood in 78759>Question Details

Julie, Real Estate Pro in 78759

I have a home for rent.How much do I need to pay the realtor to represent me and the realtor who represent the renter?

Asked by Julie, 78759 Tue Sep 21, 2010

What do both Realtor do in the case of home for rent?

Answers

22
Hi, Julie.

To answer your latest questions:
1. Most locators will call your agent to find out if they are participating with locators or "non-members". Some locators are also REALTORS and have access to the MLS, some don't. Those that don't will know how to find your house through Austin Home Search, etc. It may be a good idea to have your REALTOR put a combo lock box on the door to allow non-members of the MLS to show the property.
2. The locator's commission will be decided within your listing agreement under the commission section. A locator who does not subscribe to the MLS will be considered a "non-member" This is where you and your agent will decide how much to compensate the locator or an agent from another association.
3. Most locators will know to ask you agent the commission. There's no specific place to put a "locator commission" in our MLS.

I hope this is helpful information and answers your questions. Feel free to contact me with any other questions.
Web Reference: http://www.nylandteam.com
My office is in 78759. We specialize in leasing properties at JB Goodwin Realtors. Call me for advice on leasing your home. Nell Hanson licensed Realtor in the State of Texas 512-426-5080.
Yes - even in our area commissions are negotiable. Call a few Realtors and also property managers to see what fits your goal and what the services provided cost from each. As a Realtor here in AZ I don't specialize in rentals but will do them for my clients but I do charge a bit more as the return is much lower for often what tends to be more challenges....I'll typically have the earnest deposit and a portion of the first months rent allocated to the brokerage and pay out the balance to the landlord as when I've trusted the landlord to pay in the past I've gone unpaid...lesson learned. However, I don't have the same level of service a property manager might provide nor does my tenant check extend beyond a credit report vs others that might have access to complete background checks so as questions and get the person who fits your need and ask what they charge.
Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
The fee for leasing a property depends on the broker as there is no set amount. Cost usually ranges fron 50-80% of the first months rent based on if the borker is going to manager the property or not. This fee is usually split between the listing and leasing broker.
Actual management services also vary between real estate brokers as are the services they provide, tenant screening, repairs, maintenance etc... We have a property management group if you are interested in talking details.
Hi Julie .. In our area a common fee for renting a home is one month's rent. Half of that amount would go to the listing agent's broker and half of that amount would go to the lessee's agent's broker. These numbers can vary, but that is a common rule of thumb. If I can help you or any friend of yours further, please let me know! Cindie Patterson (847) 344-8480
Julie,

A good listing agent for a property such as this one will list the house on the MLS and directly connect with non-member locators through their personal database. Commission structure, like many terms in a transaction, is negotiable, but an owner in your situation should normally look to pay between 75%-100% of one month's rent to your listing agent. If another agent brings the tenant, your listing agent will split his or her commission.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.
Julie,
Apartment locators likely won't be showing your home from mls. Typically, Apart Locators are sought out because someone is strictly looking for apartments. Those agents do not need mls access to show apartments, therefore they do not typically pay all the fees associated with mls access.

You pay your listing agent an agreed amount. Then your listing agent agrees to pay other agents a certain amount as well. Your agent should disclose how much he/she will be paying to other agents. this could also affect your competitive edge in the market place, so I recommend acknowledging this with your selected listing agent.
IE: You pay your Agent 1 month's rent to get your place leased. Then, your agent offers other Agents 25%, 30%, 40%, or 50% (or more) to bring a tenant to lease your property. Which figure do you think is more enticing to those agents? and, does this play a role in your competitive edge??
Web Reference: http://www.ShawnMon.com
Commissions are negotiable, usually it is %75 of the first month rent which is split between the listing agent and other agent who brings the renter. We put your house in MLS and several other online sites.
Keep in mind that commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent--there are no set standard fees. If two agents are involved in the transaction, the commission is shared.
Commissions are always negotiable. Just be sure to keep in mind, that the same energies go into leasing your house, as listing your house for sale. Also, the other agent will most likely be motivated, although it's not ethical, to show your house if the commission is a fair or decent one.

The MLS is a powerful marketing tool, so keep in mind the money you could lose if the house stays on the market for for more than two months. A good marketing plan will not only include the MLS, but also online sites too, so that even more people can view the property.

We list homes for lease and our typical commission is one month's rent, which is split between the listing agent and the agent that brings the tenant. My clients sometimes hire a property manager who then manages the property once we have leased it. I think it is important to list the property on MLS and we also list in in numerous sites including Craigs list
Does aparment locator also show client to houses for rent?
Does my listing agent pay the same amount to the renter's apartment locator? On the MLS,my agent can specify the payment to the renter's agent.Where to put info for apartment locator?
The listing Realtor will market your home on the MLS along with all the websites that populate from the MLS, screen the potential tenant, and prepare the lease.

The tenant's agent will represent their interests with regard to locating a property and lease terms. The typical commission is 80-100% of 1 month's rent.

I would be happy to help you further. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steven Nusinow
(512)922-7588
This is a great question. Every situation is different. You can either pay a one time fee which is usually equivilent to one month's rent and the two realtors firms can split that. This would compensate them fairly for bringing you a renter and also putting your paperwork together. If you want futher services such as a property manager then can expect to pay somewhere around 10 percent a month. There is no set amount though and all of this can be negotiated with your realtor.
Hi Julie -

That is all negotiable and you would set those terms up with the realtor representing you as the owner/landlord. Interview local agents and find one that meets your requirements.

Web Reference: http://www.cyndibell.com
Thanks to all who have provided valuable answers.
Again what do both Realtors do in the case of home for rent?
Hi, Julie,

That is agreed between you and your listing agent. Some agents charge a month rent, some 75%, there is not set fee. The tenant's realtor is paid from that fee by the listing agent.

If you don't have an agent, I would be glad to come by your house, show you comps of what other similar homes in your neighborhood rent for and we can discuss the fee and all the other aspects. I just leased a property of my own, I do a lot of leases and am very familiar with zip 78759.
Contact me if you wish. 554-5997
Julie,
It's negotiable, but as Kevin said previously 70% to 100% of a months lease amoun total is quite typical. Your agent splits this amount with the renters agent. Some agencies that yo also have "manage" the lease property charge less.

Don't pay more than one months rent. So if the house will rent for $2000 don't pay more than that. Let the agent decide how much to pay the other agent out of that $2000. They will probably pay anywhere from 30%-50% to the other agent.

Choose an agent that does leases in your area. Good Luck!
HI Julie,

The listing for leases is always negotiable. I would be happy to help you or provide you any other info you might need. Please feel free to give me call at 609-9877 or send me an e-mail at pamela@kw.com.

Thank you so much!

Pamela Peck
Keller William Realty
512-609=9877 .
Hello Julie,
Typically, the listing agent will charge somewhere between 70% and 100% of one month's rent to lease the home. Usually, half goes to the listing agent and half goes to the agent who brings the tenant. Let me know if you have any other questions. Take care.

Kevin P. Scanlan
(512)77-KEVIN
(512)775-3846
Web Reference: http://www.KevinScanlan.com
There is NO set price. Call a few Realtors in your area and see what they charge for finding you a renter.

Good luck :)