Amy Mateus, Real Estate Pro in Ludlow, MA

I have a client interested in possibly purchasing a home in Easthampton, MA and is concerned about the flooding that occurred there this past summer.

Asked by Amy Mateus, Ludlow, MA Thu Jan 19, 2012

Can someone who lives in that town give me information on what streets were most affected by the flooding? I know Fort Hill and River Road were affected but what other streets were hit?

Answers

5
The affected areas were along the Mill River which winds through town to the Connecticut River. There is a section off of West St where the river rises into some low lying yards. It is mostly isolateed in the Fort Hill and River Road areas which is susceptable to the backflow from the Connecticut and the Oxbow flooding. Other than that there wasn't much of a problem, there are few houses in a "flood zone".
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
I live at the bottom of beautiful mt tom. My basement is and has always been completely dry. Areas particularly prone to this challenge are those properties close to the Oxbow, where properties on East Street Easthampton, meet those on route 5 Northampton. Property near the Connecticut river where over flooding is prone, have been most impacted. Hope this helps.
I am selling my condo, 55 and over, 1 alexis drive, easthampton. Never had a drop of water anywhere! Beautiful mountain view, quiet, safe and great neighbors. Call Canon RE
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
I am selling my home, 3 Matthew Drive! No where near these areas! Lived at this address for 19yrs. - no flooding....nice quiet neighborhood.
You might try calling one of the reporters in the linked article below. They may be able to direct you to a local source or answer the question for you.

http://www.gazettenet.com/2011/08/29/hampshire-county