Nerissa, Home Buyer in Los Feliz, CA

I do not know this area at all, is it a safe neighbourhood?

Asked by Nerissa, Los Feliz, CA Sat Feb 5, 2011

Answers

5
Bradley Manning’s answer
Never leave getting neighborhood safety information up to anyone but yourself.
Contact local police and fire depts. I would also recommend checking the Megan's Law data base for registered sex offenders that may live in the area.
I hope this helps.
Brad
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 14, 2011
My husband and I bought a house in Idell Street , Ca 90065 10 years ago....it was rented out till we relocated from Boston, 2 years ago.
We find this area safe. My neighbors are helpful and friendly. Even strangers we meet while walking smile and say "Hello".
We love the public transportation....busses and subway.
Lots of grocery stores, markets and within walking distance to my house is Burger King, Mac Donald, Home Depot, Ihop etc.......very convenient location.
I asked my neighbors about safety issues and they told me that they have not heard of any. I guess in any area/environment, one must use common sense and be alert at all times.
We have off street parking and we have not heard of any stolen cars to date.
The con against living here is that there is a church and school in this area....so there is some noise factor.
I think that covers it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
This sounds like a puchline to a funny joke! Do your research on line for hate crime in that area. Even in Orange County you have mixed race neighborhoods.

Kyle
Hi Nerissa,

As Lynn mentioned below check with the Local Police department to determine the types of calls if any, that take place in the area. Also, make it a point to drive through the neighborhood. Once in the morning, afternoon, and early evening. You may also speak with various neighbors to inquire about the neighborhood. This should give you the feedback you need to make a sound decision. Best of luck!

Matt
GREAT QUESTION safety always a concern

Refer to Police website OR Google search based on media published reports and zip code

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com