In My Neighborhood in 19035>Question Details

mphopkinsstu…, Home Buyer in Gladwyne, PA

I can tell you what it WAS like to live in 19035 from 1960 to 1985... It was wonderful. I lived on Maplecrest Circle for 10 years, then Waverly Road

Asked by mphopkinsstudio, Gladwyne, PA Sat Nov 19, 2011

for 14 years. The house on the Circle cost $22,000, perhaps slightly less, in 1960... the year I was born. I'm flabbergasted to know the houses on the Circle are now selling for over a million. Amazing. We bought the house on Waverly Road in 1970 for $170,000. Can't even imagine what the property is going for now... probably 3,000,000

Oh My GOSH!!! 1167 was OUR HOUSE!!! How cool is that?! I must have just come on the market!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 20, 2011
I just heard from my old-next-door-neighbor from the Circle (who now lives in CT). She was also amazed at the costs now. She also said two houses on the Circle are now ONE house... I'm looking forward to seeing that next time I go down. It's quite different than where I live, in Maine...

My Blog:
You're lucky to have bought when you did!

However, for those looking to have a Gladwyne address, Gladwyne real estate is more affordable than ever. In October, the year-to-date average sales price was a little shy of $900K, as compared to the 2010 year-to-date number of $1.2 million. To give you some perspective, the average sold price in Lower Merion Township was approximately $563K and $518K for the total Main Line area.

Gladwyne has some of the most sought-after properties found on the Main Line. Gladwyne real estate lies nestled in a park-like setting and many homes here are enveloped by wooded lots that are several acres in size. The serene atmosphere, green, rolling hills, stunning architecture, superior schools and proximity to the city have made this Lower Merion community one of the premier addresses not just in the Greater Philadelphia area, but in the country as a whole.

Gwen Janicki
Thank you so much for sharing - I lived on the Main Line for 6 years and it is a very special place with wonderful history.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011