Mountainsky5…, Home Buyer in Union, IL

I am seeking pictures of a row of town houses at 3822- 3826 WEST CARROLL AVE in 1940's Chicago Era. by kedzie where the train nearby

Asked by Mountainsky501, Union, IL Mon Apr 30, 2012

In the 1930-1940's it was a poor white area CARROLL AVE BY KEDZIE NEAR THE TRAIN. It was a row of town homes on carroll street Don't know the exact zipcode mountainsky501@hotmail.com. Please email photos & information about everyday life for families their Catholic Children who attended St. Mathews Catholic School Chicago, Illinois. Thanks.

Answers

4
I would go to the local church or go to the local library.
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
You're going to have to track that information down yourself. But you've gotten some very good suggestions from both Diana and Bill. Libraries and historical societies are great places to start. The local church is another really good idea. Another possibility--newspapers. That may take more digging (I'd do the library, Google, and historical society first), but city newspapers have a huge amount of historical information.

Also, that area is in Garfield Park. There's a Garfield Park group on Yahoo. It's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eastgarfield/?v=1&t=search… They certainly may be able to help.

Since there's a train station nearby, also check with the transit authority.

I did an initial Google search and uncovered some items. More likely, though, find some images that are close to what you want. Then explore the websites of those items to see what else they have.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
You can try the Harold Washington library downtown or do a google search
Your best bet may be to try a local Catholic Church which may have an archive or the Chicago Historical Society.