In My Neighborhood in 18324>Question Details

Lynne L Tayl…, Home Buyer in Neptune City, NJ

I am on SSI and have a small pension. A retired nurse. Could i get a morgage for 70000 with 20000 down payment for 15 years?

Asked by Lynne L Taylor, Neptune City, NJ Sat Sep 12, 2009

Answers

3
The first thing that need to do is speak with a mortgage broker. There are several factors involved in qualifying which include your income to debt ratios, your credit score, etc. A mortgage broker will be the best person to talk to about different types if mortgage programs available to you. If you are a first time home buyer (or have not owned a home in 3 or more years) you may qualify for FHA or Rural Housing and if you have owned a home in the past 3 years conventional may be the way to go.

I am currently working with a buyer who recently retired and is on SSI he qualifies for an FHA loan program, which only requires 3.5% down and his children are gifting him the entire 3.5% down, so it certainly is possible.

If you would like a list of local lender you could speak with I would be happy to give you several names and numbers. It costs nothing to get pre-qualified and generally only takes a few minutes of your time.

Cheryl J. McDonald
REALTOR-Associate
Fitzgerald GMAC Real Estate
cmsells@ptd.net
570-476-2415
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Ms. Taylor,
It would seem to me that your down payment is considerable and large enough, if your income will cover the payments and you have a good credit history. You would need to speak with a Lender, and I can recommend a few local ones, if you wish. At a price of $90,000, though, most properties will need some work. I would be happy to do a seach for you. If you so wish, please contact me at : kharris@c21hull.com.
Keith Harris
CENTURY 21 ROY B. HULL
Lynne:

You asked a great question. However, you really need to talk to a lender in your area to go over the specifics of your situation. You do have regular monthly income. But, the lender will check your credit history,credit score & your outstanding debts (credit card balances, a car loan balance, etc.), among other factors used in the credit granting process.

I hope all goes well for you.

Pat
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009