In My Neighborhood in 32839>Question Details

Mary, Renter in San Francisco, CA

I am nervous about moving to Orlando from San Francisco, but I would really hate to be a troublesome tenant who moved in and then broke my lease and

Asked by Mary, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 25, 2011

left an apartment instead keeping my word so please be honest with me.

I am planning to move to the 1900 block of Fountain Lake Drive because I work the non-profit part of Disney and am being recommended for the theme parks. Will my husband and I be relatively safe there? Some people who know more about Orlando than we do seem horrified that we are moving to that area. I am not snooty. My current neighborhood is one of the last of the blue collar neighborhoods, but we are an older couple so we are right to be cautious. We are also Caucasian if that matters.

Answers

2
Mary,

Because there are so many part time owners and vacation type visitors in Florida the entire state including the Orlando area enjoys a wide variety of rental opportunities. We are not familiar with your chosen area but anyone would be right to question a location relative to its safety.

Often the best resource for this information is the local police department or county sheriff's department. They have access to the most current and accurate information and are generally willing to be helpful.

Our recommendation is to seek only a short term rental(month-to-month) opportunities until you become comfortable with the area and your housing location. As previously mentioned, this availability should not be a problem as long as you plan in advance.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 26, 2011
I agree with Bill - short term lease is your best bet and as Bill suggests with the vacation travelers to Florida, short term rentals are available. As for gauging safety, I agree with Bill there as well. Do check with local authorities - and when you visit to find the rental, take the time to visit the area at different times of day to make your own assessment.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com