In My Neighborhood in 20903>Question Details

Meridith Con…, Other/Just Looking in Bronx, NY

I am looking to relocate my family (13 yr old son; 9 yr old daughter & 6 yr old twin girls) to Silver Springs from NYC. Is the area family friendly?

Asked by Meridith Conyers, Bronx, NY Fri Apr 16, 2010

Answers

13
Hi, Meridith. Take a look at the market trends for 20903. Review the schools , community, and compare one zip code with another.
Hi Meredith,

Silver Spring is Lovely!!! I can help you.

Miekeba Jones
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
Hi Meredith,

I myself grew up in Silver Spring, so know the area very well. It was a great place to grow up. I also raised my kids there. I am also the Relocation Director here at Llewellyn Realtors and specialize in helping folks like you relocate to other parts of the country. I would be glad to help you in any way I can. Please contact me through our website at http://www.llehomes.com. Also, if you would like me to send you a free relocation package filled with information about the area, I would be glad to.

Janice Ryan Young
Relocation Director
Llewellyn Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.llehomes.com
Meridith,

Silver Spring is a fantastic area for people in all situations. It is a very diverse area with a lot to offer each family or individual's need. Whatever the importance is to you transit, great school system, close to D.C., or even close to activities for the family. In the recent years Silver Spring, has been known by the locals as "Silver Sprung", mainly because of the revitalization of the Downtown Area. Many businesses have jumped on the bandwagon after the Discovery Communications built their World Headquarters in the heart of Downtown Silver Spring. Also, we have the FDA headquarters and other major corporations.

Whatever your price range is or criteria, this area is sure to meet your needs. Let me know I can be of greater assistance for you.

Stan Barsch
Long & Foster Realtors
Silver Spring takes in most of the county; we live near the Silver Spring Urban District, and we love it. Blair High School and the associated school cluster offers many excellent options, especially for gifted students. But you need to visit and see for yourself; Silver Spring is a culturally diverse area and parts of it are quite urban, parts suburban. You can find the neighborhood you are looking for somewhere in Silver Spring.
Hi Meridith,
I'm not a real estate agent, so I can tell you my neighborhood has some of the best schools, parks and public facilities you'll find in such close proximity to DC. It's right off the beltway, too, so it's easy traveling back up to NYC when you want to take the kids to visit their friends. I'm selling a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath townhouse in a quiet neighborhood, walking distance to the subway and a terrific elementary school. I lived there for 8 years and grew up in the a near by neighborhood. There's a pool and my patio opens out to a common area where the kids play. It's a great starter home for this area! If you're interested, check out 40 Pennydog Ct on this website, or use the MLS listing link below, and email me, Carol at petro422@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Hello Meridith,
When reading this I justed smiled because I spent 10 years in the SIlver Spring area and it has gone threw great strides in change. It has movies on the lawn and jazz festivals in the summer, it is home to the Discover Channel and as mentioned below just minutes from DC. The downtown area is full of life with the movie theather, kid friendly places to eat, pottery paint shop, etc. I enjoyed calling it home. I have three kids and recently moved BUT I am still an active Girl Scout Troop leader in the SIlver Spring area. I put a link to a website I use when checking out what is around town.
Hope this helps a liitle.
Nicole

http://www.nicoleneale.lnf.com
Web Reference: http://www.walkscore.com
Hello Meredith,

As my colleagues have mentioned, Silver Spring is a diverse, dynamic and flourishing city/suburb just
outside Washington DC. I have lived here all my life and built my business in Silver Spring. Please visit
my website to learn more about my hometown, my listings and the services my team can offer you.
Good luck with your research!

John http://www.JohnBurgessRealtor.com - 301.681.5093
Agents are limited by federal law as to what they can say or represent regarding demographics. That said, Silver Spring is probably my favorite part of the greater DC area - LOTS of things to do, vibrant, not a high crime area, a range of property prices, etc.
Please call for specific answers. I have extensive information available for you.

I have 4 boys ages 4-20

301-674-3056
I grew up in Silver Spring and have seen it go through many changes. I have to say it's the best I've ever seen it. Lots of parks and shopping and all very close in to DC with all the free museums! Pls. Contact me for more specific neighborhood information.
I don't know why you chose the Silver Spring Area, but the best school system and cheapest home prices are just one county south of that area, Charles County.

If you need more info on this area, send me your email address and I will send you school info as well as home in the area that will fit your needs.

Bill Wootan, Century 21 Associates
Waldorf, Md.
301-*93-6207
Web Reference: http://billwootan.com
Every neighborhood is different. Silver Spring is in Montgomer County which has many opportunities for families.