Santa Barbara, Real Estate Pro in London, CA

I am looking to purchase a multi family home in Westlake I have been told it is similar to inner city London UK ( I am from there) Is this true and

Asked by Santa Barbara, London, CA Mon Dec 19, 2011

does it have great transport links. I like Downtown LA but have only visited.?

Answers

7
The Los Angeles and Greater Los Angeles County suffer from poor public transportation. We are not as advanced as New York or London, however, we do have plans in the future for better metro lines and busses/subways. I suggest you look into foreclosures and bank owned properties for the best value. Best, Joshua Rabinovitz.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 19, 2011
I am British and there is nowhere in So Cal that remotely reminds me of London. Also be careful Downtown L.A. You need to pick your areas carefully
Web Reference: http://www.homejane.com
Agreed, always important to be aware of your surroundings and have a sense of what kinds of crime happen where. Check out Trulia's Crime Maps to get more information:

http://www.trulia.com/crime/Los_Angeles,CA/
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012
Hi Sindy,
Would you like to be close to Los Angeles? Did you check Glendale-Burbank area? It's a very desirable area.
Please let me know if you would like more info on this.

Ripsi Yepremyan
Prudential CA Realty
Tel. 818.549.4139
DRE #01488880
http://www.housesaleinfo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 19, 2011
Sindy,

You should check out my weblink below, I advise to set up 2 different searches & I can help you with this. 1 for the spanish style single family home in the $375K max price range looking by LA city zip codes (to narrow your search) & then a 2nd search strictly for multi-family in the area.

You need to get your feet wet & see what's available in the areas around LA city/downtown, price,size for the # of units etc.

Shoot me an email directly if you want to talk about this some more or if you need help setting up your search criteria, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 19, 2011
I think based on what you have described for your local area, The Westside is probably the area you would like, it has great transportation such as buses and light rail links and is conveniently located to about 20 minutes to downtown LA. Also the weather is much better as you are closer to the beach.
Here are some available properties for you:
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/los-angeles-ca-real-e…

Have a great day and feel free to contact me anytime.
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
Sindy-

As you already know, the many different boroughs and neighbourhoods in London vary by demographics, socio-economic make-up and overall energy. The same stands for Los Angeles. Westlake (which should not be confused with Westlake Village near Thousand Oaks, CA) is roughly bordered by Downtown Los Angeles on the southeast, the Santa Monica Freeway on the south, Koreatown on the west, Virgil Village on the north, and Echo Park on the northeast.

As my colleague Joshua stated below, Los Angeles is well behind many major metropolitan cities with regard to public transportation. It currently exists with limited service/routes and there are plans to further expand the systems. Is there a particular reason that you have chosen Westlake? Do you plan on living in one of the units?

At Horizon Companies we would be delighted to assist you in your search. We bring over 250 years of combined experience in real estate brokerage, property management, property tax reassessments and escrow services. WE SPECIALIZE IN APARTMENT BUILDINGS! The neighbourhood that you spoke of has specific attributes and only a local agent can truly assist you in finding the right investment property. Our management division can also assist you in ensuring that the building keep competitive rental, and high occupancy, rates in order to get the greatest return on your investment.

Please visit our website to learn more about our company. Please also feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions that I can answer for you. Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you.

Respectfully,
Austin Chen, REALTOR®
Real Estate Investment Specialist
DRE #: 01898306
Mobile: 310.948.2629
Email: austinjchen@gmail.com
Website: hrela.com
Web Reference: http://hrela.com
Hi Sindy,
My recommendation would be to consider the Pasadena area for the older Spanish family home. There are many beautiful Spanish homes in Pasadena, at all price levels. Several areas of Pasadena are within walking distance of shops/restaurants/movies, but these areas are generally higher priced. Without traffic, the drive between downtown LA and Pasadena is about 20 minutes...so that means normally 30-40 minutes depending on the time. Also, there is direct metro line service from Pasadena into downtown LA...so you could avoid the commute altogether.

For the multi-family investment properties, I would need to know more about your buying agenda and your price range...are you looking for 1-4 units, or 5+, are you financing or paying cash, are you looking to buy for long time appreciation or for generating an income, ROI, cap rate, etc. I'd be happy to chat with you to help fine tune this search. There are many possibilities in the LA and surrounding areas, to fit your specific agenda.
Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005