In My Neighborhood in 19082>Question Details

Hope Farrugg…, Home Buyer in Bensalem, PA

I am looking to purchase a home in or around the Upper Darby area in Delaware County, PA. I am looking specifically, at roads such as Hilltop Rd. and

Asked by Hope Farruggella, Bensalem, PA Thu Dec 1, 2011

Farifield Avenue. Any thoughts on the overall safety and school districts for these areas? I would love to hear from someone who is knowledgeable about this area, or better yet who currently lives in this area. Thanks!

Answers

2
You're probably not looking anymore, but my husband and I will be putting our house on the market because we are moving to California at the end of the year. We are practically on Hilltop. We love our neighbors and it's a very family-oriented friendly area of Upper Darby. The nice thing about Upper Darby is the proximity to pretty much everything; everything seems to be 20 to 30 mins away. Schools could be better, but the community seems to be taking things in hand a little more actively.
We are selling our home in Upper Darby, only because we got new jobs and the commute is killing us. But on N Lynn Blvd its pretty safe. I have left keys in doors, heck even left the back door ajar one night and nothing has ever happened. I even walk my dog at night with no worries.