In My Neighborhood in 77090>Question Details

Glover, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I am looking for the deed restriction for Pine Oak Forest Subdivision in zip code 77090.

Asked by Glover, Houston, TX Mon Jul 28, 2008

My husband and I just purchased a home in the Pine Oak Forest Subdivision, but we were not provided with the deed restrictions for our subdivision. Does anyone know how to obtain these. No one around here seems to know??? We are also wanting to see the crime stats for our area.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello. I am thinking of buying in Pine Oak Forest. I cannot find anything about the subdivision online. I understand I can go to the County Clerk and get a copy of the deed restrictions, but this seems frivilous since it's been over 25 years since their inception. I have a 15 y.o. son and was wondering how family oriented the subdivison is? Also, is there a community pool, tennis courts, or club house?
Thank you.
Julia Anderson
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 26, 2011
Hello. I live in Pine Oak Forest and there is alot of questions about what type of deed restrictions are in place and how enforceable they are. I have lived in this neighborhood for 15 years and seen them lapse many times and people have done things that were not in the original. It's a big mess. I am for NO deed restrictions due to the location of the subdivision. I have not seen the most recent copy but from your post you moved in over two years ago. If you would like to still discuss this please feel free to email me at
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Lynn is correct about the County Clerk, but this is something that should have been covered in closing. Contact your closer or title company and ask them to order the restrictions for you, there will be a charge but is will be easier for them to do this than you as they are supposed to be doing this every day.
You may be in an area where the restrictions are over 25 years old and were not renewed, which makes them questionable.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
Crime stat check this website:

Trulia stats & trends can be helpful
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 28, 2008
Residents may obtain a copy of deed restrictions for their subdivision from the County Clerk of the county in which they reside. Each county charges a nominal fee for copies of deed restrictions
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 28, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer