Jason, Home Buyer in Sparks, NV

I am looking for newer (built 2005 - 2011) multi family complexes with "real" cap rates of 10% in the Reno/Sparks/Carson area. How likely am I to?

Asked by Jason, Sparks, NV Wed Jan 4, 2012

get the deals I want on complexes with 10-20 units if I'm willing to pay all cash?

Answers

2
Don't forget...if you plan on purchasing a multi-family, the very best financing options are available UPTO 4 units on 1 parcel (attached or detached). 5 units or more place you in a commercial type loan, which limit your financing options and typically a higher interest rate. Depending on your intent and available cash, you may want to purchase 1 or 2 multifamily (max 1to4 unit) and leverage your cash.
You are very likely to find properties that have high cap rates in Nevada. Why do you want to pay all cash? There are benefits to leveraging real estate such as higher tax deductions, less risks should the deal go sideways in the future, and you can buy more real estate. The path to true wealth is controlling real estate, not owning it outright.