In My Neighborhood in 30519>Question Details

Thor, Home Buyer in 30519

I am looking for help with the GA dream homeownership process.

Asked by Thor, 30519 Mon Jan 14, 2013

Just a few questions I wan not able to find answers to on their website. 1. Do I have to use one of their lenders or can I use any lender for this program. 2. I just started working full time in september for the county police department and before that I was a full time student. Will this hurt me in qualifying for the program? I have more questions but these are the big ones I have.

Answers

9
If you were full time student, then your six month work history will be fine.

You have to use a GA Dream qualified lender, but there are tons of them and most offer the program.

There are other programs as well, and depending on your income, one of the others may even be better.

I have three great loan officers that I recommend to my clients. It allows you to talk with more than one person. A good loan officer and good lender is key in the process, and I can explain that further.

Give me a call at 678-992-3817 and I can go over the process with you.

David Blanton
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Feb 26th I applied for a home mortgage loan with Southeast Mortgage. The Sales Executive Manager Kim Arrington MLO#218594, GA MLO#25861 was very informative about everything I needed to make this move smooth and close April 15th. By March 4 2014 my Realtor Juanita Nicks put together a great list of homes. We went out March 6th and I found my top 2 picks. She contacted my first choice but someone placed higher earnest money. So March 9th she contacted my 2nd choice and my offer was accepted. I signed all the necessary paper work that day and it was sent on March 11, 2014 to Kim Arrington at Southeast Mortgage. March 12, 2014 Kim Arrington had me working on Home Insurance quotes, sending document’s to update my file and filling out financing forms to send to the underwriters. March 15th I was getting the home inspected by Marion Hodges Home Inspection Services 770-572-2808 http://www.atlantahomechecker.com. March 19 2014 I received my congratulations your loan is out of UW with Southeast Mortgage and was being prepared for Georgia Dream. There were some amendments between the owner and I that delayed the submission to GA Dream. But on April 7th it was sent to GA Dream and on April 10th I received my call that GA Dream had approved me and my closing date was moved up to April 11, 2014.
Hi & Congratulations. I am hoping to do the Ga Dream Loan as well. I would love to get the end results that you did! Can you tell me what your middle score has to be/what was yours to obtain this type of loan? Thank you for your help/response.
Flag Mon May 5, 2014
Call Beth Spers at 404.245.2191. She is the head trainer at DCA/Georgia Dream Homeownership Program. She will be able to answer all of your questions.
I recently worked with a buyer who used the GA Dream program and we were able to close successfully using Kathy Terry with Wells Fargo - 770-495-8580.

It is a complex program and requires someone who knows how to make it work for you. There are several types of Downpayment Assistant programs depending on where you are buying and your situation as to which is best for you.

You need to be working with an awesome buyer's agent :) - me, to coordinate and oversee the whole process for you. Call if I can help get you on the right track - 770-789-3324.

Sue Smith
Hello from Buford, Thor!

Congratulations on your new job. I hold the GCPD in the highest regard.

Just wanted to tackle question number one. You will not be able to use just any lender for this program. Some lenders refuse to offer this program and some others who claim to do so reluctantly. It is important to align yourself with a seasoned lender who will take a genuine interest in your loan.

All my best for a successful home search. Please advise if I can help in any way.

Sincerely
Solomon Greene
Associate Broker, REALTOR® Certified Affordable Housing Counselor
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Good Day,

I can find you a home using GA Dream or the Federal Home Loan Program.
Both are Down Payment Asisstance programs.
Processing time is a normal 45 days.
Please give me a call and I will explain in further details.

Isabel Elsesser, Realtor
First United Realty
Save Time & Money!

http://www.isabelsnewhomes.com
http://www.Buford.georgiamls.com

Direct 770-307-8751
Fax 888-799-3184
Over 26 Million SOLD

Full Service
Free Buyers Agent
All loan programs today require a verified continuous 24 month employment history in the same line of work, but not necessarily with the same employer. There are only a very few of exceptions to that rule. Those exceptions are as follows:

1. If you are a recent college graduate, you can use your time spent in college to make up part up the 24 month history. A copy of your college transcripts will be required.
2. If, within the last 24 months, you have had a 6+ month gap in employment, then you must be employed at least 6 months since that gap ended.
3. For someone with a longer break in history, the same 6 month rule is followed.

For someone who is salaried or hourly, you generally must be employed at least 30 days with the current or new employer. This is due to the fact that a pay stub reflecting at least 30 days of YTD income is going to be required prior to closing.

If you are paid by anything other than a W-2 (i.e. a 1099, self employed, etc), then you must have 24 months of receipt of that type of income. Some exceptions are possible if your current employer switched your compensation from W-2 to 1099 or commission.

Closing on a mortgage prior to starting a new job is only considered on a case by case basis for certain fields. Generally, a non-revocable employer agreement confirming your new salary, position, and start date will be required.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.
Yes, you must use a mortgage company that is approved to offer the GA Dream program. NOt every mortgage company in GA is approved to offer this type of financing.

This is a VERY complex loan program, so you want to make sure the Loan Officer is very familiar with the process. To offer the GA Dream program, the individual Loan Officer must also be certified and not just the company.

Home buyers employed by entities that provide public protection, health care, or education may qualify for $7,500 under the PEN program.

This Second Mortgage can be used toward your down payment or your closing costs/pre-paids. This is a recorded Second Mortgage and it is due and payable once the property is sold, refinanced, or when it is no longer your primary residence. There is never a time when this second mortgage loan is forgiven. It is always required to be repaid in full.

In general, inventory levels are VERY low price now. Many sellers will not want to accept offers on proeprties using down payment assistace. This is becasue you typically need to allow 45-60 days for those loans to close.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Call Pam Myers with Brand Mortgage her number is 678-429-9589. She should be able to help you and maybe show you other alternative programs. If you need help finding a property please call me at 678-4102004 or jeffry.scott@era.com.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints Realty.com