Jennifer Ngu…, Other/Just Looking in Roanoke, TX

I am looking at the Hackberry Creek community, but really wondering what I get with the high HOA. Seems very high.

Asked by Jennifer Nguyen, Roanoke, TX Sun Oct 9, 2011

Just trying to find out what's included in the HOA that makes it so high. Thanks for any help!

Answers

9
I am not going to regurgitate what has been said. I am going to give you a perspective of why live there. I've lived there for 3 years. I've lived in many nice neighborhoods in Fort Worth and Keller near Southlake. Hands down, I love Hackberry! Yep, the HOA is high, but like has been posted on the replies, it's a peace of mind when it comes to security. We have MANNED security. That is worth a lot to me. I can get anywhere in the DFW metroplex within 20 to 30 minutes. I can get to downtown Dallas or downtown Fort Worth very quickly. I have freeways on all 4 sides of the neighborhood that I can be on in less than 5 minutes. I travel a lot, I can get to the DFW airport within 5 to 10 minutes. If I don't have my car parked at the airport, it only costs me $25 for a taxi to get home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 28, 2013
Capital reserves for streets/lights, landscaping of common property, security guards (P.S. not all the gates are 24x7 as noted in previous post), part of dues go to HCCC - which gives HC owners discounts,and last but not least - part of the dues go to a bulk purchase telecommunications for DirectTV satelitte - if you desire to purchase that option.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2012
Hi Jennifer. I live in Las Colinas and know Hackberry Creek like the back of my palm. In gated neighborhoods like Hackberry, the homeowners own, and are responsible for, the streets and their maintenance. A large part of the HOA fees go to pay for reserves to take care of street repairs as necessary, up to even replacing streets as necessary. You can imagine the cost involved in a repair of that nature. Hackberry also has 4 manned guard gates - to man 4 gates 24 hours per day for 30 days takes 2880 man hours - even at $10 per hour that's $345,600 in guard salaries per year. Gated communities with manned gates all have those expenses - and they also all own the streets inside the gates. Along with the gates and streets HOA fees pay for administration and salary needs of the HOA, maintenance and insurance of the common areas, capital project reserves, etc. Hackberry Creek has it's own association, and it is also lies within the boundaries of the Las Colinas Association - so there are 2 HOA's for that neighborhood. Las Colinas is the less costly of the 2 at $0.14 cents per $100 in tax value - not sure what HC is charging right now - but it's not a small amount. Is it worth it? That's entirely up to each individual, their needs and their desires.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Just a small correction. I live there. Only 1 gate is manned 24/7, the other 3 are manned 6am to 11pm. :)
Flag Sun Jul 28, 2013
Two things....you have security at the gates. That costs a lot of money. Any time an HOA has people involved...concierge, security, watchman, gate attendant or whatever you call it, the HOA dues are significantly higher. Also in gated communities the residents are responsible for street maintenance, not the city. Lots of foundation problems in this area so not only does that affect the homes, but also the streets and they are expensive to repair.

You can see a list of homes for sale in Hackberry at this link.
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/40310/s…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Did you get your question answered sufficiently? I'm just curious...what is important to you in an HOA?
There are many advantages to living in a neighborhood with an HOA.
To Kim Nwachukwu's point, as a resident of the community I cal tell you that, you get the most security, peace of mind, compared to all of Irving/Las Colinas area.
Any time Jennifer. If you need assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch - just click on my profile for my contact info. Take care, Kim
Thank you Kim for your answer. I will have to see what fits best for me.
Do you have a buyers agent ? If not contact my office where I can assist you with all your questions. GREAT properties in this location

You have gated community security guards, amenity center of the club house, maincured grounds , and much more !

I have had several listings in this community and with tenants OR buyers all searching !

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011