In My Neighborhood in 45205>Question Details

Sonya Byrd, Home Buyer in Madisonville, Cincin...

I am looking at a house on 1013 Delmonte Place, 45205 in Forest Hills was wondering what kind of neighborhood this is?

Asked by Sonya Byrd, Madisonville, Cincinnati, OH Sun Mar 6, 2011

Answers

6
My clients actually bid on this property - $500.00 over list price and we lost. I suggest to clients that they drive the street during the day and at night to see if they are comfortable. In Cincinnati, almost every neighborhood has both nice areas and areas that are less desireable. My advice is to get a good agent to help you look. They should be showing you all neighborhoods that fit your criteria. Don't allow "people" to influence you and lump an entire neighborhood into one label. Pick the right house and location for YOUR needs. Cathy Frank, Comey & Shepherd, 513 478 1296
Good call, Robert! Sonya, follow Robert's recommendations. You'll find good information.
SONYA - As Diane has already indicated, this home is NOT in Forest Hills, but in Price Hill where I grew up a long time ago. The home at 1013 DelMonte is currently sale pending with an accepted contract in place for about 10 days and that purchase contract was accepted after being on the market for only 10 days. At its listing price of $10,000 you can pretty much expect a lot of needed work, although the interior pictures don't seem too bad. The neighborhood is reasonable with both the public library and District 3 police within a block of the home. If it would help you, I know of another home within a few blocks on a no-outlet street that is in good shape but will probably sell for about $50,000, if that is of any interest. Otherwise, best of luck in your search. Mike McCarthy/Senior Sales Executive/Huf Realty/513-478-4318/mmccarthy@huff.com
Hello Sonya,
Sheila is correct on her statement but still hasn't answered your question about what kind of neighborhood that is. May I suggest a couple of websites to help you research neighborhoods or areas in Cincinnati. First try http://www.city-data.com/city/Ohio.html This is a great website that bases its' information off of past census data. I would also take a look at http://data.cincinnati.com/navigator/ this sight will help you research any news or other interesting facts that might be happening in a particular area. Check out both websites and play with them a bit. The best thing to do is drive around the area at different times of the day. Just seeing how well the neighbors take care of their homes, how well the yards are maintained etc. can tell you a lot about the neighborhood.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional help on your search!

robert.rouse@cbws.com

Best of Luck!
Sonya, I am wondering if you found this online on Zillow perhaps?

It appears that it was on the market for $10,000 to be sold "as is". It is marked as "Pending", meaning that the agent/company has an accepted offer on the property.

Good luck with your search. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
Sheila Bell
Sheila@SheilaBell.com
This home is in Price hill and I did not find it for sale, I would like to know where you saw it for sale. In the last year2007 and 2006 there were 2 homes that sold for$ 79,000 and $92,250..But I do not think this street is in Forest Hill.
If you needmore help please contact me/
Diane L Thomas
Comey & Shepherd Realtors
513-5273232
dthomas@comey.com